Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/12/2008 7:33:24 PM EDT
Ok I got new to me aimpoint coming this week (thanks bigbore45) and I'm looking at an ADM mount can anyone here give me any first hand reviews would be great

Also can anyone give me any recommendation on whether I should get a standard mount or a cantilever mount

Thanks
TJ
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know anything about the ADM Mounts , If it was me i would go with the LaRue Cantilever mount. LaRue mounts are the best out there..

Link Posted: 10/12/2008 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with LaRue.

Can't beat the free goodies included
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I do not know anything about the ADM Mounts , If it was me i would go with the LaRue Cantilever mount. LaRue mounts are the best out there..

+1, there is only a $5 difference between the two.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1 on that
Midlength
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone here loves the all powerful "milspec" so go with the one mount that is issued more than any other.

Get the Aimpoint QRP mount and save money in the process.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the Advice everyone while its is appreciated, i would still like to hear some info about the American Defense Mounts from people who have used both. the reason i have posted about the ADM product an not the others is that there is a wealth of infomration about LaRue and others mounts, but very little about the ADM

in particular i would like to know about fit, Finish, Function, the locking mechanism, does it hold Zero when remounted in the exact same location.

so far i have not been able to find a bad thing said about them, i know that they are fairly new to the market and a lot of the big name Vendors are supplying them. but so far i my research hasn't provided very much information one way or the other about them.

I  have also been looking at the LaRue, GG&G and Aimpoint mounts,

ive currently got a cheap no name mount that i will most likely use to get me by until i make a decision,  

O I almost forgot to mention that i will be mounting this on my OLY with cast lower reciever just kidding its going on a S&W MP15A i will also be replacing the BUIS with a set of Troy Battle sights and a Troy FF 10" rail i will also be adding a JP adjustable Single stage trigger and speed hammer.  with less than $650 invested i can afford to dump a bit more $$$ in to it.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
this is the mount i am wanting information about, Bravo company has then For $105
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/AD%2068-2T.jpg
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a ADM mount for my compact Acog a few months ago...

IMO it's just great.

I've posted some pics in this forum but I'm not able to find the thread so I'll post a link to another forum
My ADM mount

since I still miss a flat top AR I'm using the Compact ACOG on my StG58.
the mount holds the zero 100% so I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both, here's my opinion on AMD Recon and Larue SPR104

ADM feels a little bit lighter, but nice machined feel. The clamp w/ mar the rail finish. May leave ring marks on optic if not careful installing it.

Larue feels a bit more like typical forged alloy. The adjustable clamp is scary, can scratch the rail when achieving best tightness on the adjustable lock. But it won't leave ring marks on optic, I tried it on my old millet just for kicks, and didn't even leave a mark after sliding it in every direction.

that being said, get what you want, I still can't decide thus I keep both. In case you are getting ADM, their eye relief is almost like SPR-E (longer than SPR-S)
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#10]

I've used both ADM and LaRue Aimpoint mounts.  I've had 3 different ADM mounts as well as various LaRue mounts in my grubby little hands and on my grubby little guns.

I like the compartment in the LaRue Aimpoint mounts for the extra battery... very nice touch.

I like fact that the rail contact points of the LaRue's QD mechanism are much less likely to trap dirt or sand.

I like the fact that the LaRue's QD mechanism is continuously adjustable, as opposed to the finite adjustment increments of the ADM mechanism.

I don't care for the small, exposed springs of the ADM design.

Attributes of the manufacturers have also made an impression on me.

LaRue offers extraordinary support to the warfighter community (ever read online about the uppers for the Best Ranger competition?), support to the training community (I actually won an LT mount at a class), and support to the AR15.com community (monthly giveaways anyone?).

ADM... well, I have no idea who they are, but I'm not too keen on the fact that their product line to date copies the configuration of LaRue products almost one-for-one.

I still have the LaRue mounts, but not the ADMs.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I had an ADM mount. While they are a good quality mount, the thing that completely killed it for me, is that the scope ring is screwing directly into alluminum (6061-T6) which is not an alluminum that should be "threaded" into without heli-coils or something.

For the extra 5-15 bucks or whatever, go with a LaRue mount, and it will be a much stronger design. They have CNC machined steel inserts in the scope ring holes so it will not strip out unless you use a tire iron on it
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#12]
TDDNCURE

the reason i have posted about the ADM product an not the others is that there is a wealth of infomration about LaRue and others mounts, but very little about the ADM

Ya ever think there might be a reason why...

Where I come from, that's called a clue...

If you have a choice, then LaRue is the pick. It's that simple...
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
TDDNCURE

height=8
the reason i have posted about the ADM product an not the others is that there is a wealth of infomration about LaRue and others mounts, but very little about the ADM

Where I come from, that's called a clue...have

where I come from people have a little more manners than to sound condescending and insulting, where i come from we also believe in examining other alternatives,

lets see why would there not be a lot out there about ADM lets see they are relatively new to the market haven't had the opportunity to spend millions of dollars on advertising yet.

thanks for your input but if you cant not sound like a jack ass then please keep it your self.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TDDNCURE

where I come from people have a little more manners than to sound condescending and insulting, where i come from we also believe in examining other alternatives,

lets see why would there not be a lot out there about ADM lets see they are relatively new to the market haven't had the opportunity to spend millions of dollars on advertising yet.

thanks for your input but if you cant sound like a jack ass then please keep it your self.

Not trying to be condescending or anything but Harv24 is correct.  Also, I have a feeling that Larue doesn't have a multi million dollar advertising budget either.  

ADM has been around for long enough to catch on by now if they offered something new and revolutionary.  But they don't.  They offer a mediocre substitute for Larue products at only a few dollars less.  I can see the Bobro mounts as something new and different as well as being high quality (not better than Larue, just different).  For now Larue is top dog.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
TDDNCURE

ADM is still young, and from perusing a lot of the threads that Larue has posted in in the past, I can deduce that he's a prick and is grasping at straws to bash ADM.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
TDDNCURE

thanks for your input but if you cant sound like a jack ass then please keep it your self.

You not looking for info, your looking for validation You saw the mount, you like the way it looks, and you want to buy it, now your looking for folks to help you validate your choice. and they didn't and now your confused. (it's OK)...Get a clue, they have been around long enough, and laRue spending Millions, that's laughable.

Don't ask a question if your not going to like the answer....

and cantilevers are for those who need more rail space for NVG's. If that is not a need, then the standard mount works fine.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TDDNCURE

ADM is still young, and from perusing a lot of the threads that Larue has posted in in the past, I can deduce that he's a prick and is grasping at straws to bash ADM.

This probably the most objective comparison you will find between ADM and LaRue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
TDDNCURE

height=8

You not looking for info, your looking for validation You saw the mount, you like the way it looks, and you want to buy it, now your looking for folks to help you validate your choice. and they didn't and now your confused. (it's OK)...Get a clue, they have been around long enough, and laRue spending Millions, that's laughable.

Don't ask a question if your not going to like the answer....

and cantilevers are for those who need more rail space for NVG's. If that is not a need, then the standard mount works fine.

no i asked for first hand personal experience as there is not a lot of information about them out there, i am not in need of validation i don't need anyones approval to spend my money, as has been pointed out the money is of no consequence here or issue especially since they are about the same price,

at one point LaRue was the new guy on the block and had to prove them selves,

You Like LaRue i get that and its your right to, as far as getting a clue thats exactly what i was attempting to do. since the ADM has an entirely different locking mechanism its very difficult to say that its a rip off copy of LaRue exacly how many different ways are their to make a 30mm ring that hold an optic.

so far in my search for information about this product i have found ADM is currently partnered with some of the top names in the industry
such as

Daniel Defense
Tango Down
Vltor
Noveske

they also offer a life time warranty you break it they replace it free of charge.

for the most part other than a few of you guys out there that have personal experience with them are 100% satisfied with them and prefer them over other mounts due to their locking mechanism

and virtually everyone has said that their fit and finish is just as good as LaRue in a lighter package.

if you havn't figured it out yet i am not a follower i also have a ML2 in a AP mount that has served me well. for about 2 years of pretty hard use.

thanks for everyones time and input on this matter with our without everyones validation or approval i will be giving the ADM a shot, it if doesn't work out for me then ill try something different.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I have both and the main difference between the 2(imo)is that the LaRue will leave a lasting mark under your picitinny and the ADM will not.On my next purchase I will go with the ADM.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've used both ADM and LaRue Aimpoint mounts.  I've had 3 different ADM mounts as well as various LaRue mounts in my grubby little hands and on my grubby little guns.

I like the compartment in the LaRue Aimpoint mounts for the extra battery... very nice touch.

I like fact that the rail contact points of the LaRue's QD mechanism are much less likely to trap dirt or sand.

I like the fact that the LaRue's QD mechanism is continuously adjustable, as opposed to the finite adjustment increments of the ADM mechanism.

I don't care for the small, exposed springs of the ADM design.

Attributes of the manufacturers have also made an impression on me.

LaRue offers extraordinary support to the warfighter community (ever read online about the uppers for the Best Ranger competition?), support to the training community (I actually won an LT mount at a class), and support to the AR15.com community (monthly giveaways anyone?).

ADM... well, I have no idea who they are, but I'm not too keen on the fact that their product line to date copies the configuration of LaRue products almost one-for-one.

I still have the LaRue mounts, but not the ADMs.

Very well said.

+1 for Larue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have both and the main difference between the 2(imo)is that the LaRue will leave a lasting mark under your picitinny and the ADM will not.On my next purchase I will go with the ADM.

So?  Larue developed a locking mechanism that uses the least amount of parts possible to eliminate debris from getting trapped in them.  I'd rather have a slight blemish on the underside of my flattop rail then have a substandard product.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So?  Larue developed a locking mechanism that uses the least amount of parts possible to eliminate debris from getting trapped in them.  I'd rather have a slight blemish on the underside of my flattop rail then have a substandard product.

The "Slight Blemish"that you speak of is in fact material,ie powder coat/"what ever coat/metal being deformed or removed.I know that it's a minute amount but after a while you have to adjust it a little tighter and the"Slight Blemish"becomes not so minute.I could give a rats arse about a blemish on my AR or any other firearm that I own.

I do believe that the OP wanted honest opinions on the ADM and I thought I gave him one.
Do YOU or have YOU had a ADM mount on your weapon to make your claim of them being "Substandard"?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "Slight Blemish"that you speak of is in fact material,ie powder coat/metal being deformed or removed.I know that it's a minute amount but after a while you have to adjust it a little tighter and the"Slight Blemish"becomes not so minute.I could give a rats arse about a blemish on my AR or any other firearm that I own.

I do believe that the OP wanted honest opinions on the ADM and I thought I gave him one.
Do YOU or have YOU had a ADM mount on your weapon to make your claim of them being "Substandard"?

No I have never had an ADM mount on MY guns.  I've seen them up close on other guns and the LT mounts are just better.  I would consider GG&G (and I own one) far before ADM.  Also, like I said before, the Bobro mounts look like they will be very nice as well.

Also, I've never seen a powdercoated upper receiver, maybe that is anodizing you are thinking of?  There is such a thing as overtightening as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TDDNCURE

This probably the most objective comparison you will find between ADM and LaRue.

+1
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
TDDNCURE

height=8

Where I come from, that's called a clue...have

+1

hmmmmm a comparison of a Larue vs ADM mount posted by Mark LaRue claiming that it was done by and outside source but not willing to say who the source was but of course its all good because we can take it with a grain of salt.

so the general consensus from actual End Users is that ADM makes equally good of a product as LaRue that is far from Inferior or superior. and that the only real issues is that ADM reinvented the wheel.

as most of the post in here are pretty much so pointless as not once was anyone asked to compare the ADM to the LaRue or GG&G or any other mount. Like I said there are plenty of other Threads about those brands

and since a lot of Top name companies are choosing to partner with ADM i can only come to the conclusion that ADM is a GTG company as I cant see VLTOR or Danial Defense would risk their Reputation by using a far inferior companies product in conjunction with thiers.

I have looked and while i can only find that ADM has been in the market for about 18-24 months i am sure that LaRue has been in business quite a bit longer and has captured the hearts of many AR owners.

In my observations ML is quite concerned with ADM Quality of product or he would just let his product stand on its own merits instead of bashing a competitor. i sure don't see him going out of his way trying to bash and compare all of the Chinese replicas of his product that are obviously Inferior to his.

my guess is that in the next 5 yeas we will find out exactly how good the ADM product is.

in years past some of the top names in the Industry were unknown and bashed

back in the late 80's the GLOCK pistol was not well received either and called inferior to the Ivory and Wood of other guns and i can not imagine anyone that would not agree that Glock makes an excellent product. Yes i know that glocks idea was revolutionary but it still stand there is no telling what ADM will put out in the future they already offer products that LaRue doesn't  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TDDNCURE

+1

hmmmmm a comparison of a Larue vs ADM mount posted by Mark LaRue claiming that it was done by and outside source but not willing to say who the source was but of course its all good because we can take it with a grain of salt.

so the general consensus from actual End Users is that ADM makes equally good of a product as LaRue that is far from Inferior or superior. and that the only real issues is that ADM reinvented the wheel.

as most of the post in here are pretty much so pointless as not once was anyone asked to compare the ADM to the LaRue or GG&G or any other mount. Like I said there are plenty of other Threads about those brands

and since a lot of Top name companies are choosing to partner with ADM i can only come to the conclusion that ADM is a GTG company as I cant see VLTOR or Danial Defense would risk their Reputation by using a far inferior companies product in conjunction with thiers.

I have looked and while i can only find that ADM has been in the market for about 18-24 months i am sure that LaRue has been in business quite a bit longer and has captured the hearts of many AR owners.

In my observations ML is quite concerned with ADM Quality of product or he would just let his product stand on its own merits instead of bashing a competitor. i sure don't see him going out of his way trying to bash and compare all of the Chinese replicas of his product that are obviously Inferior to his.

my guess is that in the next 5 yeas we will find out exactly how good the ADM product is.

in years past some of the top names in the Industry were unknown and bashed

back in the late 80's the GLOCK pistol was not well received either and called inferior to the Ivory and Wood of other guns and i can not imagine anyone that would not agree that Glock makes an excellent product. Yes i know that glocks idea was revolutionary but it still stand there is no telling what ADM will put out in the future they already offer products that LaRue doesn't  
Sounds like you had all the information you ever needed and used this thread to stir up some hate and discontent

Buy whatever mount you desire. Its no skin off any other back but yours.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sounds like you had all the information you ever needed and used this thread to stir up some hate and discontent

Skimming through the thread it looks like all the hate and discontent was brought on by the L/T fanclub.

Suggest anything but L/T around here and you'd think someone suggested finding lil baby jesus in the manger and pissing on him.

Guy wanted input and got shit on, same old story around here when it comes to mounts.  The origional post didn't even mention L/T, he was looking for input from people who had used ADM.  From my simple reading comprehension skills, I deduced that this meant he wanted to hear from people who had used ADM mounts, not people who had never even held one and yet are convinced they are the antichrist of the scope mount world.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skimming through the thread it looks like all the hate and discontent was brought on by the L/T fanclub.

Suggest anything but L/T around here and you'd think someone suggested finding lil baby jesus in the manger and pissing on him.

Guy wanted input and got shit on, same old story around here when it comes to mounts.  The origional post didn't even mention L/T, he was looking for input from people who had used ADM.  From my simple reading comprehension skills, I deduced that this meant he wanted to hear from people who had used ADM mounts, not people who had never even held one and yet are convinced they are the antichrist of the scope mount world.

Oh well, that's life.  If you ask about Bushmaster vs DPMS, Colt will be the answer, If you ask about ADM vs GG&G, Larue will be the answer.  I wish I was told these things when I got started, It would have saved me a lot of time and money.  But I guess everyone needs to go through their own learning process before they can weed out the junk.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Since I have the 1st and 2nd gen ADM mount along with two LaRue.. I figure I'm more then qualified to have a opinion on them.

No one is saying the ADM is Junk. But if someone asks which one is better, you better be prepared for the answer, whether you like it or not.

And if I'm not mistaken, DrMark did a pretty good job of listing the differences between the two mounts quite nicely.
And I agree with him whole heartily... Your money, spent it how you choose.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well, that's life.  If you ask about Bushmaster vs DPMS, Colt will be the answer, If you ask about ADM vs GG&G, Larue will be the answer.  I wish I was told these things when I got started, It would have saved me a lot of time and money.  But I guess everyone needs to go through their own learning process before they can weed out the junk.

My bone of contention with the fan club all along is that it makes its suggestions blindly, with no interest or attention paid to the intended usage or specific request of the person asking the question.

The big deal in this thread is someone asked about L/T's competition, which happens to be the new kid on the block in L/T's price point.  Not as well established, frequently attacked, much maligned by the fan club who for the most part have never seen the product except for in pictures.  Can you really base your opinion on pictures on line?  If you were interested in a ford truck, would you appreciate a bunch of chevy fans telling you they are crap even though they have never driven one?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well, that's life.  If you ask about Bushmaster vs DPMS, Colt will be the answer, If you ask about ADM vs GG&G, Larue will be the answer.  I wish I was told these things when I got started, It would have saved me a lot of time and money.  But I guess everyone needs to go through their own learning process before they can weed out the

junk.

The next time I go to purchase"ANYTHING" I will surely ask for your advise first....CT
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
height=8
Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/harv24/IMG_2204.jpg

Since I have the 1st and 2nd gen ADM mount along with two LaRue.. I figure I'm more then qualified to have a opinion on them.

No one is saying the ADM is Junk. But if someone asks which one is better, you better be prepared for the answer, whether you like it or not.

And if I'm not mistaken, DrMark did a pretty good job of listing the differences between the two mounts quite nicely.
I agree he did an excellent job at describing the differeces he in lies the problem with that I did not ask for any comparison so it was pointless and in which of my replys did I ask which was better let me help with that one I didn't in fact I repeatedly stated that did not ask about  LaRue but was wanting information about the ADM mount

Not one time did I ask about the LaRue as I had already severel theads

I never had any intentions stirring anything up I simply wanted information from end users. If anyone felt that I had alterior motives rest assured that was never the intention. With that said. This AR15.com were every AR is discussd not just the LaRue products so as we are all fans of the AR platform yet each of us are individuals I personally feel that any company that supports the AR platform and produce a quality product deserves to be represented on a sight dedicated to the platform even if their name isn't LaRue tactical

e
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/harv24/IMG_2204.jpg

You should read what he asked, he didn't want to know who had the better mount.
He wanted info on adm.

I have 3 adm mount's and they are GREAT!! I would not buy anything else.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#34]
He wants to buy Charmin and needs some confirmation before he pays for it. He goes around the store asking who wipes their ass with it cause he hasn't seen anything about Charmin before. HOW the hell did he know he wanted to buy Charmin in the first place HMMM If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. He has been here a year and only 17 post!!!

TROLL Looking to just stir up trouble. ADM just took someone else's design copied and even made an attempt to patent it.

If your LaRue mount is marking your rail it's not adjusted right. It has been discussed here many times over.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
He wants to buy Charmin and needs some confirmation before he pays for it. He goes around the store asking who wipes their ass with it cause he hasn't seen anything about Charmin before. HOW the hell did he know he wanted to buy Charmin in the first place HMMM If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. He has been here a year and only 17 post!!!

TROLL Looking to just stir up trouble. ADM just took someone else's design copied and even made an attempt to patent it.

If your LaRue mount is marking your rail it's not adjusted right. It has been discussed here many times over.

There's that hate and discontent from the fan club I was talking about.  No information to add to the topic at hand, just blindly defending his favorite parts supplier from the oh so skery competition.

Have you ever seen the product in question in person to base your opinions on it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So what does post count have to do with the OP question about "Real Users"of the product and their opinion of said product?

And I take it that your post count of 335 makes you the expert on products you don't own or have any range time with.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's that hate and discontent from the fan club I was talking about.  No information to add to the topic at hand, just blindly defending his favorite parts supplier from the oh so skery competition.

Have you ever seen the product in question in person to base your opinions on it?

Surprise FOOL I don't own any LaRue. It's not about hate. It is about what is right and what's wrong. Wrong is someone stealing someone else's product design and calling it their own. Yeah I take LaRue side in it simply because I have been watching this LaRue vs ADM for a long time and have seen documented evidence of the wrong doing. When you buy ADM your buying stolen goods!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not everyone can put up 500 posts in less than 5 months like some people. I'm betting you're the 350 lb guy I see at the range in a pair of 5XL BDUs shooting 8" groups at 100 yds and blaming it on the gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not everyone can put up 500 posts in less than 5 months like some people. I'm betting you're the 350 lb guy I see at the range in a pair of 5XL BDUs shooting 8" groups at 100 yds and blaming it on the gun.

Hell NO I am 6'2" 205lbs that has been stuck in a wheel chair for the last year NOW you want  to go there we can aint no problem for me I aint got nothing to loose that I havent already lost!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Folks get a grip

ADM is a new name made up of some old names with deep pockets! There is nothing new about ADM except they want to portray themselves as new. The guys behind it come from other manufacturers. Go look at the patent application. It is posted here for all to read. The names on it spell it all out who is who each one of those names owns a different company that has been around for  along time. So the PITTY party for the new guy holds no water. They took a proven design and machined some extra holes in it to make it look all nice and ricey. Then claimed it as their own design.

If this isn't true then why has NONE of those parties involved stepped up on here to defend themselves. They come on here hide behind Troll accounts and antagonize anyone they can. If someone was acussing me of copying someone else's product I would be first and loudest to stand up for it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell NO I am 6'2" 205lbs that has been stuck in a wheel chair for the last year NOW you want  to go there we can aint no problem for me I aint got nothing to loose that I havent already lost!!!!

So explain to me how 17 posts in a year makes him a troll again? Or explain your 500 in 5 months? I mean, if he's a troll then you're obviously a spammer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Surprise FOOL I don't own any LaRue. It's not about hate. It is about what is right and what's wrong. Wrong is someone stealing someone else's product design and calling it their own. Yeah I take LaRue side in it simply because I have been watching this LaRue vs ADM for a long time and have seen documented evidence of the wrong doing. When you buy ADM your buying stolen goods!!!!

Yea, I've seen that debate, its just like saying BF Goodrich stole Goodyears design for the tire, they are both round, made of rubber, and hold a car up off the damn road.

There is only so many ways to mount a scope, wether you split the rings horizontally or vertically, its been done before.  Want to space the scope forward, its probably going to look like somebody elses mount, not many ways around it.  The two are different enough that I'm not buying the copy cat stolen ideas bit.  Different locking mechanism (which is all L/T has patents pending for), and different rings.  Only simmilarity is the verticle split and the offset of their extended eye relief mount.

Look at standard scope mounting rings, ever hear of their manufacturers bitching like a spoiled brat who suddenly has another kid in his sandbox?  Can you tell them apart?  Oh my gosh, Millet rings look like Burris rings, oh noes, someone stole someones idea.  Boohoo.

Competition is good for the consumer.  If the Chevrolet brothers hadn't stuck to their guns, the entire country would be driving Henry Ford's products right now, and they wouldn't have been forced to improve along the way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Folks get a grip

ADM is a new name made up of some old names with deep pockets! There is nothing new about ADM except they want to portray themselves as new. The guys behind it come from other manufacturers. Go look at the patent application. It is posted here for all to read. The names on it spell it all out who is who each one of those names owns a different company that has been around for  along time. So the PITTY party for the new guy holds no water. They took a proven design and machined some extra holes in it to make it look all nice and ricey. Then claimed it as their own design.

If this isn't true then why has NONE of those parties involved stepped up on here to defend themselves. They come on here hide behind Troll accounts and antagonize anyone they can. If someone was acussing me of copying someone else's product I would be first and loudest to stand up for it.

So pick up your soap box and go to the first page of the OP statement and put your "Useless" information on the first reply line.Read it back to yourself and see if it makes "ANY"sense.If it does ...then"YOU"need to get a grip.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The next time I go to purchase"ANYTHING" I will surely ask for your advise first....CT

Sounds good.  I'm on here a lot but I can give you a number to a direct line in case you need an answer right away
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So explain to me how 17 posts in a year makes him a troll again? Or explain your 500 in 5 months? I mean, if he's a troll then you're obviously a spammer.

You obviously do not have a clue how many people use this board and how many post are made everyday. I use this board like the majority of the users. If I don't know something. I come here and ask. If someone ask something that I know about I answer. What have you contributed to this board since you have been here. Probably all your post are in GD where you need to go back and hang out. Better yet how about finding some of your airsoft buddies to go be with.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Folks get a grip

So pick up your soap box and go to the first page of the OP statement and put your "Useless" information on the first reply line.Read it back to yourself and see if it makes "ANY"sense.If it does ...then"YOU"need to get a grip.

Useless NO Truthful YES   Some people do not like hearing the truth. The OP's mind was clearly made up when he came in here. He was just looking for some NUTT rubbing to make himself feel better. People need to get their facts straight when it comes to ADM. If you don't want to hear then move on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#47]
To the OP....I would go with the cantilever to allow a little more room for your BUIS.

And.....Goodnight
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#48]
First hand use of an ADM Aimpoint mount here. I owned one and sold it. It did its job but other mounts out there do the job the ADM mount did and I was more comfortable with them. I had a few issues with a pre production model (some of it was my fault when I installed the ring mount upside down. Go figure, instructions were lacking but obviously needed with the pre production mount as several people much more high speed than me did the same thing. ADM made everything right so that is a plus for them. I just chose to go back to what the ADM mount replaced, personal opinion only.

If rail space is a concern, get a cantilever mount. If the flat top is all you need, get the standard. The ADM mount will work fine for you if that is what you have your mind set on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#49]
height=8
Quoted:

screw you you don't know me. If anyone here is a troll it's you at no point did I ask you to come here and start slinging insults I asked for opinions from actual end users of ADM mount you and others are the ones coming in and stirring up shit. At no point have I made any insulting remarks to anyone (ok well maybe one in response to a direct insult to me)

As I have stated I am sure LaRue makes an excellent quality product I however I don't choose to purchase one my actual finalist were the ADM or the ARMS

I personally don't care if ADMs mount was an exact replica of Larues that's between them and the courts no me

Since as it was pointed out Larue doesn't have a patent on the mount it's self just the locking mechinism which is totally different than ADMs

So at this point to avoid any further name calling or arughing I will ask that anyone that does not have any first hand information to add to this please refrain from posting

To get this back on track I ONLY WANT INFORMATION ABOUT ADM I do not wish to hear about LaRue or any other mount
Nor do I need to hear about how anyone feels that adm stole larues idea it means nothing to me

Oh and this is my first venture past the DYI pages and the EE I did several online seaches and flound about 4 different mounts I was interested then started searching here for information and came up with a bunch about the others and nothing about ADM so I thought I would ask

Apparently I should have heeded the warnings about all the close minded snobs on here that are afraid to try something new

Oh and just a thought without competition one company could chafe as much as they wanted competition keeps the prices reasonable

And the remark about Airsoft come on let's be real here unless you own an original armalite m16 you own a fake after all every company out there stole stoners design even colt but I guess that's ok because the government made him give up the patent right to it and since I've seen real aimpoint in larue mounts on airsoft rifles that they must be airsoft junk as well  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#50]
height=8
Quoted:
Folks get a grip

I guess the same could be said about larues rail after all he wasn't the first game in town with them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top