Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
8/15/2019 7:24:18 PM
Posted: 1/9/2005 5:20:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 7:26:26 PM EDT by IPSC_GUY]
I am looking at some of thier mounts and I am wondering who is dealer here in the US?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:21:00 AM EDT
DSA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:26:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
DSA

Ahh got it, thanks

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:33:03 AM EDT
Recently, I've had very bad luck with my B&T mount for my Sig PE90. The steel insert on it split.

I've heard comments from other folks about poor B&T quality as well.

Just thought you might be inerested...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:39:54 AM EDT
Thanks for the info, from their prices and images in the DSA catalog I would have thougth high-quality.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:46:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 7:47:21 AM EDT by FightingHellfish]

Originally Posted By CanadAR:
Recently, I've had very bad luck with my B&T mount for my Sig PE90. The steel insert on it split.

Damn Canucks. Coming online and making subtle brags about their Sig rifles. Sure, you've got a Sig, but I bet you don't shoot it much when it's -40deg, HA!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:32:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Originally Posted By CanadAR:

Damn Canucks. Coming online and making subtle brags about their Sig rifles. Sure, you've got a Sig, but I bet you don't shoot it much when it's -40deg, HA!

Good reason for the winter trigger guard!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 11:45:39 AM EDT by Duffy]
Their MP5 LDA long mount does not work with my LaRue or ARMS mount. They cut a slot along the length on both sides of the mount, and there's not enough clearance on the bottom for the throw lever's disc .. So I don't know if it's really Mil 1913 standard compliant. My EOTech has no problem though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:40:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:31:47 PM EDT
Hummmmm the things that make you go hummmmmmm

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:07 PM EDT
FightingHellfish,

I sold my AR to finance the Sig. I loved the AR, but here in Canada, you can only shoot an AR at a range (i.e. you can't go out plinking in the woods). The AR is a "Restricted" firearm in Canada.

Strangely enough, the Sig is a "Non-Restricted" firearm and I can take it out plinking (even in 40 degree weather ). I was tired of dealing with the added paperwork for the AR, so...

I would have thought the B&T stuff was high-quality too, and maybe my experience with their Sig 550 mount is not representative of all of their products. However, I have heard from a local knowledgeable retailer that they do suffer from material quality control issues.

CanadAR
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
Guess I'll just wait for the LaRue mount.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:31:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IPSC_GUY:
Guess I'll just wait for the LaRue mount.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Thinking of the PVS mount eh?

I actually cancelled my order, I was on the wait list several months ago for 6 months kept getting told 2 more months, then again just recently for around a month and kept getting told 2 more weeks. I think I will just get a GGG or something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:51:08 PM EDT
This B&T negative feedback sucks. I've been waiting a year now for a damn AK47 rail system from DSA...I've been told "It's in customs, it'll only be two weeks" for so long I'm starting to think two weeks equals fifty two.
Top Top