Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:06:08 PM EDT
I have a Leupold CQ/T scope mounted on my M4-gery.  The gun is kind of heavy and I have been tempted to take the scope off.  It is a carry handle mount.  My question is, will the scope be off by much if I take it off and reattach it?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I assume you are talking about the standard base it comes with if so the more you take it on and off the more likely your zero will shift.  If you get one of the small torque wrench and set it to no more than 65lbs you should be ok.  Their mount is not the best to do that with.  I recommend Getting a and ARMS #12 it would be a lot easier.

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]
Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
Mike at CS Gunworks is...

So are you saying that as long as I keep the set screw at the same torque (around 65 ft/lbs), that it will stay close?

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Alright then, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I assume you are talking about the standard base it comes with if so the more you take it on and off the more likely your zero will shift.  If you get one of the small torque wrench and set it to no more than 65lbs you should be ok.  Their mount is not the best to do that with.  I recommend Getting a and ARMS #12 it would be a lot easier.

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

So are you saying that as long as I keep the set screw at the same torque (around 65 ft/lbs), that it will stay close?

I think it's 65in/lbs? I'd hate see a guy twist stuff apart.

mark mcj
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think it's 65in/lbs? I'd hate see a guy twist stuff apart.

mark mcj

That seems to make more sense.  I use 80 ft/lbs on my lug nuts.

Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive torque wrench that would fit inside the carry handle?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a great little tool I keep in my range bag so I can remove my NXS off my AR. it is available from NightForce, Leupold or a good small tool supply co. . It is a metal t-handle wrench with a 1/4" square drive on the end. It will tighten to 65 in/lbs, then will free-wheel. You also can use it to remove your rings, since it locks-up when turn in the counter-clockwise direction.

Stuart

PS check it out on NF site
www.nightforceoptics.com/wrench.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
That is a nice looking tool.  I don't think it would work for my scope though.  The Leupold nut is on the underside of the carry handle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

INCH/POUNDS, or else you will twist the damn thing off!

Paladin
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top