Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious as to how curved 20's are MIL-STD? But hey, what do I know?

I do like having some 20's for range use, and look forward to opinions here
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
GunnedUp,

Thanks for posting this question. I was just looking at that ad this morning wondering the same thing.

R.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not believe these are STONER magazines.  Stoner mags are a totally separate type of magazine.

I was first exposed to these type of magazines November 1988.  They were try/use experimental (marked "X" mags) issued during a REFORGER exercise.  They did not work well because the tiny curve created a spring binding problem when loaded to maximum.  Colt 20 round straight mags did not have this problem.

The next time I saw them was at the PMC range pre 9-11 shotshow demo.  I think Bushy had them there, and again, the spring slipping/binding issue reared it's ugly head.  I have never seen them since.

I hope this helps.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The name "STONER" is a trademark Midway is using. The magazines are produced by C Products, LLC.
A curved twenty body would not be mil spec. The aluminum and coating and follower are mil spec which the 20's advertised are.

CP
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Still, Midway is advertising both 20rnd and 30rnd magsazines.  Any thoughts on the quality of their 30 rounders.  The price seems good for new product.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still, Midway is advertising both 20rnd and 30rnd magsazines.  Any thoughts on the quality of their 30 rounders.  The price seems good for new product.

It should  be the same quality as the C Products LLC 30rd mags. I only have one CP mag but it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Curious as to how curved 20's are MIL-STD? But hey, what do I know?

www.midwayusa.com/mediasvr.dll/highresimage?saleitemid=679432

I do like having some 20's for range use, and look forward to opinions here

If you like the shorter mags for range use, the old 20's (or the new NHMTG equivalents) are shorter than the curved 20's. That is a 10rd AWB mag in the center for reference.

NHMTG 20rder, Bushy 10rder, Bushy/D&H 20rder.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top