Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 57
Posted: 12/20/2006 12:42:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just easy...
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the link for $85./case 7.62X39.  It's got some good examples.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
i have 12 rounds of 30/30 for a gun i dont own so .................
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be getting a Dig Camera for Christmas so I'll post pics next week.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:46:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#7]

Originally Posted By Zhukov:
This is my stash:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38407

It's all you need.

OMG, that a deadly Hollow Point .22, the choice of ARFCOM asassians everywhere. Whatcha need that evil stuff for? A regular .22 not good enough for you?

That sure does not look like a .38 spl either, could be a 44 mag or a .45 colt, thats for BEARS and shit. Total overkill, I'll send a newscrew right over to cover why you feel you need such artillery in your arsenal. And if I'm wrong about the latter caliber, we'll just change it in the article and show a F/A uzi shooting stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about "whore". "Slut" maybe,,,,
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]
First we must define what an "ammo whore" is.   I put forth this definition.  

Ammo Whore - A person that has a supply of ammo on hand, that if they continued to shoot at a level of at least 50% of normal, would not run out of ammo for the next 15+ years.    

I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.  

If the same person now shoots his M16 10 times a year and burns 5k of XM-193 and has 10k on hand he is not an ammo whore.  

The definition also takes into account the fact that if we could not get ammo any more for whatever reason we would all cut back to save what we have.  

So what do you guys think?   Maybe we can come together here and come up with the ARFCOM 1st theorem of ammo whoring.

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:

Ammo Whore -
I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.    

This is me....so, I'm a whoooooooore.

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By MajorAR:

Ammo Whore -

This is me....so, I'm a whoooooooore.

I only make "Ho, Senior Grade" with an honorary "Whore" in one caliber.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#13]

It is indeed a .38spl, 158gr LSWC.

I know what you mean though. I was watching some show about "Most Shocking Videos" and some guy robbed a jewelry store with a shotgun. They called it an assault weapon.
They know diddly about firearms in the news business anymore.  The trouble is that cops seem to know even less.

There was a story about a whack job who got shot by a cop in the paper here a while back.  The cop shot him because said whack job was firing an "AK47" at the cop.  I wrote the paper and the editor told me that they had just reported what the cop reported.  There was no way for me to find out if those 30 rounds had been all at once -i.e. from an automatic weapon- or one at a time.  Another story just yesterday reported a little more clearly that "police reported finding an AK47 at the scene."  I STILL want to know if either of these crimes involved an automatic weapon, which would make them far more serious (even the recent one, which involved a murder) in my eyes.

Back on topic, I'm far from an ammo whore-I don't have any place to stash it.  I am, in fact, under orders to help clean out the spare bedroom - BY NEW YEARS - because we're having guests in then.  What's a gun nut firearms enthusiast to do?
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 10:57:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thedoctors308] [#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By fxntime:

I'll be looking forward to those pics!!

From what I've read on here, you sir do fit the definition of an "Ammo Whore"
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#16]
As of right now I'm a Ho in training.  Not sure how much I have, but ordered more recently anyway.  I guess when I get back in tomorrow I'll tally it all up and see if I am a Ho yet.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#17]

Originally Posted By umc:

Originally Posted By fxntime:

I'll be looking forward to those pics!!

From what I've read on here, you sir do fit the definition of an "Ammo Whore"

Weeeeeell, just a little one anyways. I just thank the Good Lord above that the wife could care less if I buy my "guy toys". When I met her she lived in the outskirts of Chitcago and was quite the lib. Now, camo is her favorite color and she wanted a gun for our anniversary last year. [yeah, she got one]

She steals from my stash tho, we have to work on that.

Still, compared to some here, I'm a class A piker.

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Scotter260:
You

+1
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By flynlr:
i have 12 rounds of 30/30 for a gun i dont own so .................

Send them to me to dispose of!
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't have enough money to be an ammo whore.

So I guess I am like an ugly whore, I am willing but just don't have the means

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai!

You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because you might deplete your stash.
You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.
You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.
You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.

The list could surely be longer....

So my numbers are too low?  Maybe we need like levels of ammo whoring.   Maybe you are just a junior whore and you just smile when you pass your stash in the basement.  Or maybe you are the queen whore and you feel the need at least once a week to dump 3k of 5.56 TAP out on the bed and roll around in it naked.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]

You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.
You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.
You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.

I didn't think of myself as an ammo whore until I read this post...  If one answers yes to every one of the questions is there some type of support group for me?  

I always feel really bad when I brake an integer multiple of 1000 rounds in any specific caliber.  I usually order (much) more of that caliber to compensate (question number 3 violation).  I just inventoried every round a few weeks ago, I came up +2127 rounds, weeeeee !!!

One to add:
You're an ammo whore if you're worried more about your ammo being stolen than your firearms
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I must be, I found myself buying 100 rounds of Lawman 38 SPL at the funshow this past weekend. Now I am going to have to buy a weapon that will fire this ammo.. I also bought a 100 rounds of the 40S&W that put over the 5k mark.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By kc7txm:
I always feel really bad when I brake an integer multiple of 1000 rounds in any specific caliber.  I usually order (much) more of that caliber to compensate (question number 3 violation).  I just inventoried every round a few weeks ago, I came up +2127 rounds, weeeeee !!!

I can offer you specific advice on this issue. Dump 1K into an ammo can and feed off of that. That way, there's no boxes around to let you know how far off you are from an integer number. You'll have X cases of 1000 each, and the ammo can of loose rounds to feed your range session.

Problem solved for me.

The only problem would be I would need to do an ammo inventory when I got home for that specific caliber (violating rule #4 - inventory rule).  I suppose I prefer to "know" how whorish I am over ignorance of the issue.  Just thinking about this is making me a bit worried now, I may need to order some more 5.56 NATO to compensate.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai!

I agree with all of the above but in no way feel as though I'm an ammo whore.  Maybe it's just denial......

Nah, it's not denial.  Compared to some here I'm an ammo virgin.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Lets add to the list.  

Youre an ammo whore if you have ever found more than 1k of ammo and gone "Damn I forgot I had this."

You refuse to shoot up the last of any thing.   You know, that last thee battle packs of SA 5.56, that unopended case of Aussie 308 etc.    
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#30]

It is indeed a .38spl, 158gr LSWC.

I know what you mean though. I was watching some show about "Most Shocking Videos" and some guy robbed a jewelry store with a shotgun. They called it an assault weapon.

Yeah, I watched the same show and caught that too.  The guy jumped over the glass counter with a shotgun and they called it an "assault rifle".  They even showed the shotgun shells later in the blip.  What a joke.

Sorry!  A little off topic, but it was sure "Shocking".
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Whores do it for the money...............Sluts do it cause its FUN!

I think I just found another sigline.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#32]

New sigline check...............

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe not an ammo whore, just kinda ammo whoreish??

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#34]
my ammo morals are quite loose
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#35]
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THT] [#36]
You're an ammo whore if you look at your checkbook at the end of the month and say, "Oh, I have $300 left and need to buy groceries...time to buy another case of XM193 and diet"

Myself, I only have:

2,000rds of XM193
1,000rds of IMI .223
200rds M855
300rds 75gr TAP 5.56
360rds 62gr Federal Tactical Bonded .223
600rds of RA9T JHP 9mm
800rds of WWB 9mm

After Christmas, I may buy another case of XM193 but only time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Lets add to the list.  

Youre an ammo whore if you have ever found more than 1k of ammo and gone "Damn I forgot I had this."

You refuse to shoot up the last of any thing.   You know, that last thee battle packs of SA 5.56, that unopended case of Aussie 308 etc.    

Thats me. I have one full case of SA 5.56 left and I just can't bring myself to shoot it. Same for my stash of MEN ammo. I'll grab a box occasionally but I won't let it get below a K.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#38]

If you've owned more than a few thousand rounds of ammo for rifles you didn't even own yet, you might be an ammo whore.

(not that I would have done something like that. )

Edited to add: You bought a rifle just because you owned several thousand rounds of ammo in that caliber, you might be an ammo whore.

(You can't prove I did this, and neither can my wife )

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Except I bought one with only 200 rounds, you have to start some where. My next purchase is going to be that S&W .38 because I just bought a 100 rounds of ammo and I need something to carry in my pocket.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#39]
MEEEEE
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By OldSwampDog:

If you've owned more than a few thousand rounds of ammo for rifles you didn't even own yet, you might be an ammo whore.

Edited to add: You bought a rifle just because you owned several thousand rounds of ammo in that caliber, you might be an ammo whore.

(You can't prove I did this, and neither can my wife )

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Except I bought one with only 200 rounds, you have to start some where. My next purchase is going to be that S&W .38 because I just bought a 100 rounds of ammo and I need something to carry in my pocket.

Someone gave me several thousand rounds [easily] of 38 spl a couple years ago, then someone else gave me another 500 rounds of it along with some 12gauge 00 buck. So I HAD to buy a couple of guns to shoot it. And so it goes..............
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#41]
There should be a 12 step program for all the whores....

THE 12 STEPS of AWA (ammo whores anonymous)

1. We admitted we were powerless over ammo-that our lives had become unmanagable

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore our ammo

3. Made a decision to turn our ammo over to the care of God, as we understood Him

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our ammo

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another ammo whore, the exact nature of our   wrongs

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all our defective ammo

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our cheap ammo

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to give them some ammo

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would cost more ammo

10. Continued to take ammo inventory and when we were low, promptly replenish it

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our concious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for the knowledge of His will for our ammo and the power to carry that (much ammo) out (the door)

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the results of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other ammo whores, and to practice these principals in all our affair

NOTE: The above was written with all due respect and love for all recovering alcoholics

a-bare

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#42]

It's all you need...
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:29:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterWilson] [#43]

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Other/DSC01738e.jpg

It's all you need...

Darkstar, did you realized that there's an assault rifle, maybe an AUG, in the lower left part of that picture?

ETA:  It actually looks like a SHRIKE m16 w/ an A2 stock,  200 round box, and maybe an ELCAN scope.  Holy crap!  Am I seeing things or is that cool?

ETA2:  A2 or a magpul stock?
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a minor league ammo whore, as my complete stash sans .22 LR & shotgun shells consists of 20,000 rounds. I'm more like an ammo mizer, I hold onto ammo tighter than Scrooge holds onto money. The only thing I burn up without much hesitation would be 9mm ammo, particularly my Blazer stash.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#45]

I had 2 cases of SA and 2k of LC 308 BEFORE I had a 308 gun.

Glad I'm not alone in this affliction/addiction.  So far Christmas has been very very good for the ammo stockpile collection stash whatever.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 5:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc7txm] [#46]

Originally Posted By MisterWilson:

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Other/DSC01738e.jpg

It's all you need...

Darkstar, did you realized that there's an assault rifle, maybe an AUG, in the lower left part of that picture?

ETA:  It actually looks like a SHRIKE m16 w/ an A2 stock,  200 round box, and maybe an ELCAN scope.  Holy crap!  Am I seeing things or is that cool?

ETA2:  A2 or a magpul stock?

Dude you have guns on the brain..... I see it too !?!
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By NevisRuprecht:

Glad I'm not alone in this affliction/addiction.  So far Christmas has been very very good for the ammo stockpile collection stash whatever.

Ditto.   I had 7500 rounds of SA and SB 7.62x51 before my FAL came in.   Glad I did too cause the prices now suck.    
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By NevisRuprecht:

Ditto.   I had 7500 rounds of SA and SB 7.62x51 before my FAL came in.   Glad I did too cause the prices now suck.    

See, I didn't think twice about having 6,000 rounds of 7.62x51 without anything to shoot it in.  Point being I new I was going to be getting a National Match, just a matter of when I found the right one.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I have lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't know if I'm an ammo whore, but I have more ammo in my house than my agency has in it's armory.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 57
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top