Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/3/2014 5:23:45 AM EDT
Now STFU about it. Put it to rest. Stop arguing it. Stop sending letters to the ATF. Stop telling people it's illegal to shoulder it. Specifically Inexile or whatever his name is that has been saying it's illegal.

Download link: Here
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Interdasting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I want one
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
BOOM!  Headshot.  (From the shoulder)
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
A shoe string by any other name...
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding now we can quit seeing people tell us how we will wind up in prison for using our pistols  however we feel the need.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#7]
InExile get in here and eat some crow!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He'll argue it. He'll argue saying, "if someone puts it on with the direct intention of using it from the shoulder it's illegal". Just watch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I am curious if Inexile is Sergeant Joe Bradley

I am also curious as to the content of FTB #99146
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Niiiiiiiiice!

ETA:
PLEASE, tack this thread so we can link it every time some dumbass on the internet starts raising the red flag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If it's a stock, then you can't run a short bbl then right?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Good. Now the local ATF wannabe with the hell frozen over avatar can quit bitching about it. Shit, this is probably a reply to his letter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Pleasantly surprised!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#15]
nice
but, i'd prefer not to use it, no need to explain to any LEO about this and having the risk of running into someone stupid
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The ultimate infacto laten!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#17]
GIGGITY!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#18]
is there a pdf yet?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 on the like!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
is there a pdf yet?
View Quote

I'll upload it tonight when I get home
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Eta: Has this been cross posted to GD? Probably get more views there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is there a pdf yet?

Would appreciate it.........
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is there a pdf yet?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. I did them at the same time
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Print this letter and keep with you when accidentally firing your pistol from the shoulder
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Confirmed!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Need's to be tacked with a .pdf download thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Now STFU about it. Put it to rest. Stop arguing it. Stop sending letters to the ATF. Stop telling people it's illegal to shoulder it. Specifically Inexile or whatever his name is that has been saying it's illegal.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cht9he.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/10z76uq.jpg
View Quote

Log out and log back in.  

Also, please upload the PDF of this.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Log out and log back in.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cht9he.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/10z76uq.jpg

Log out and log back in.  

+1 on the PDFs......and thank you very much!

There are a few people on here that should STFU now.......it is/was so annoying.

Bravo
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Outstanding OP, thanks much!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<off to see heads exploding>
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice and will be posting the PDF in some other places to have some others STFU...
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nice and will be posting the PDF in some other places to have some others STFU...
View Quote

If OP could possibly SCAN this and PDF it, it would be great. I believe this is the only letter like this and I would like to print one for sure. It would be great to have it as high quality as possible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link to other threads? Would like to see the reactions from the know it alls.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Linky
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]
It's still UGLY!  But I like it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Egg meet face, face meet egg.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Linky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Thanks
The brace is ugly as sin but works well enough. I much prefer this setup though.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks
The brace is ugly as sin but works well enough. I much prefer this setup though.

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140403_072438_zpsygrqvqo7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140403_072438_zpsygrqvqo7.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Thanks

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140403_072438_zpsygrqvqo7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140403_072438_zpsygrqvqo7.jpg</a>

Have you tried the brace for comparison?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Excellent.  I'm most anxiously awaiting iNeXiLe's response...

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
thanks OP!

omg, for something so simple this get beat to death....and regrettably I expect it still will.  Some people just CAN'T anything against they precious need to be right.  'ah well I'm glad to have this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
He'll argue it. He'll argue saying, "if someone puts it on with the direct intention of using it from the shoulder it's illegal". Just watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly what I've been saying all along, at least your response shows you actually read what is posted. I have repeatedly stated that it is not how you fire the pistol that is the problem. I have told you all that firing a pistol from any position you want is 100% legal. My argument is in building a firearm, such as most here are doing, for the sole purpose of shoulder firing it is by the very definition a rifle regardless of what is used as a stock.
I dare anyone to find one post where I said it was illegal to shoulder fire your pistol. It is you guys that keep turning it into an argument on the legality of shoulder firing. My letter should be back soon where I asked about adding the SB15 or anything including lengthening or modifying the receiver extension for the purpose of shoulder firing it.
In actuality that RE question has been asked and answered a long time ago, the letter is in the stickies at the top of this forum.
ETA:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=3#i5911558
Page 2 of the letter, question and answer 1.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My letter should be back soon where I asked about adding the SB15 or anything including lengthening or modifying the receiver extension for the purpose of shoulder firing it.

View Quote

if you ask ATF "can I make a 9mm pistol with the intent of killing innocent people", the answer is of course no
does that mean all 9mm pistol is illegal now?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

if you ask ATF "can I make a 9mm pistol with the intent of killing innocent people", the answer is of course no

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My letter should be back soon where I asked about adding the SB15 or anything including lengthening or modifying the receiver extension for the purpose of shoulder firing it.

Don't be stupid. Your asking about something that is already illegal. Shoulder firing a pistol is not illegal.

That particular question was asked in response to Desert_AIP's ridicules assertion and further insistence that because the SB15 was not classified as a stock it was impossible to design and build a rifle unitizing it as a stock.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Awesome news is awesome.  Glad I already have mine
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Don't be stupid. Your asking about something that is already illegal. Shoulder firing a pistol is not illegal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

isn't that exactly the game you are trying to play? you think we don't know what you are trying to do?

you know full well pistol is not "intended to be fired from shoulder", and your asking ATF "for the purpose of shoulder firing it" is playing exactly the game i outlined in last post
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That particular question was asked in response to Desert_AIP's ridicules assertion and further insistence that because the SB15 was not classified as a stock it was impossible to design and build a rifle unitizing it as a stock.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cannot be proven in a court of law that an individual purchased one of the arm braces with the sole intent of shouldering it.(Hell, strap it to your arm for the first shoot and you're golden, according to your own logic)

Say it with me now!

CAN. NOT. BE. PROVEN.

The burden of proof would be on the prosecutor to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual never, not once used the arm brace as it was originally intended.

Which is, for all intents and purposes, impossible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That is exactly what I've been saying all along, at least your response shows you actually read what is posted. I have repeatedly stated that it is not how you fire the pistol that is the problem. I have told you all that firing a pistol from any position you want is 100% legal. My argument is in building a firearm, such as most here are doing, for the sole purpose of shoulder firing it is by the very definition a rifle regardless of what is used as a stock.

I dare anyone to find one post where I said it was illegal to shoulder fire your pistol. It is you guys that keep turning it into an argument on the legality of shoulder firing. My letter should be back soon where I asked about adding the SB15 or anything including lengthening or modifying the receiver extension for the purpose of shoulder firing it.

In actuality that RE question has been asked and answered a long time ago, the letter is in the stickies at the top of this forum.

ETA:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=3#i5911558

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So then who gives a shit given the new ruling?  Using it improperly doesn't change its classification.  They don't address intent because it's immaterial.  How can knowingly using something improperly when it isn't illegal to use it improperly in the first place possibly be a crime?  What more do you want to fucking hear?  It's ok; you can build an AR pistol with an SB15 and not feel guilty about it.    

Or you can write another fucking letter...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top