Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2012 9:22:29 AM EDT
Hey guys, I what would be yalls advice on an affordable chromelined 7.5" barrel? It would be going with an adams arms piston kit. I dont need a front sight on the barrel... I want the barrel to be decently light and good quality for reliability for blasting ammo. The barrel will get hot at times im sure!  I dont need a noveske or anything though. Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up picking up a complete upper from JSE surplus, they have pretty good prices on barrels as well

CLICKY
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
diddo on JSE surplus..
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested in this as well. This is the only chrome lined 7.5" I can find.

I have a question while were on the subject.
Does a chrome lined chamber aid in extraction? ASA sells the same barrel without chrome lining for $50.00 less. Is the $50.00 money well spent toward increasing reliability? I'm going with a Spikes FA BCG and a T2 buffer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ended up picking up a complete upper from JSE surplus, they have pretty good prices on barrels as well

CLICKY

I guess I could knock the FSB off that DPMS at JSE. I think I read somewhere that there is no finish under it though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
any other chrome lined light weight 7.5's that anyone knows of? that american spirit arms barrel is sold out right now...
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
i have the stainless 7 in. jse lightweight. it's great. no issues, cycles perfectly with no mods or work. and at 100 bucks, a deal. accuracy is what i expected from a short ass barrel. it's GTG.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I need a 7.5 for sure because im running an adams arms piston kit and the adjustable gas block will hit if i run the kx3pig like im planning on... i could do the stainless 7.5 one that jse has but i was thinking chrome lining might be better for blasting alot of cheap ammo and running it real hot. Thanks for the help man.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top