Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:20:18 PM EDT
opinions from anyone who has used one?
quality?
accuracy?
reliability?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one about about a week ago. It's heavy, around 12 lbs with bipod and scope. I don't know about accuracy because after the first 8 rounds it failed to eject every round fired after. So I had to send the upper back to RRA yesterday. Maybe I was unlucky and got a bad one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't 26" for a 5.56 round a little much?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It's 308 not 5.56
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's 308 not 5.56

Roger that

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
quality?
accuracy?
reliability?

I was pleased with everything on mine.  I only sold it because I could not afford to feed it, and it became a safe queen.  Quality was top notch.  Accuracy was dead on as far back as I shot it (400yd max) - I don't hit the range all the time and was able to squeak out MOA.  I'm sure a regular shooter could have done better.  I had one feed failure in the first mag, lubed it, and never had a failure again.  I had a bipod, scope, and Magpul PRS on mine and it tipped the scales at 16lb - not something you want to tote around!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
quality?
accuracy?
reliability?

I was pleased with everything on mine.  I only sold it because I could not afford to feed it, and it became a safe queen.  Quality was top notch.  Accuracy was dead on as far back as I shot it (400yd max) - I don't hit the range all the time and was able to squeak out MOA.  I'm sure a regular shooter could have done better.  I had one feed failure in the first mag, lubed it, and never had a failure again.  I had a bipod, scope, and Magpul PRS on mine and it tipped the scales at 16lb - not something you want to tote around!

Did you need a spacer for the Magpul stock?
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine. Very accurate!!

Only issue I've had, and they claim they've fixed it, is the BHO rod has broken on me three times, with three different LAR-8's.

Here's a couple of targets:

5 shot group 111 yards(100 meters), including cold, clean bore shot.  Shot prone off bi-pod and rear bag:

10 shot group 100 yards, including cold, clean bore shot.  Shot prone off bi-pod and rear bag:

Link Posted: 8/15/2011 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like mine. Very accurate!!

Only issue I've had, and they claim they've fixed it, is the BHO rod has broken on me three times, with three different LAR-8's.

Here's a couple of targets:

5 shot group 111 yards(100 meters), including cold, clean bore shot.  Shot prone off bi-pod and rear bag:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/Devinp88/DSC_0106.jpg

10 shot group 100 yards, including cold, clean bore shot.  Shot prone off bi-pod and rear bag:

http://www.ar10t.com/images/originalphotos/964/1/a4c40ae18eb6a8f893c5a294.jpg

BHO rod??

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Bolt Hold Open Rod or I guess you can refer to it as a Bolt Stop, like RRA does.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I love mine, but it is a tank to field. I sent my barrel off to Adco for a cut to 20", a reprofile, threading (to add a JP howitzer brake),
and fluting. It made an incredible difference in weight & handling. I haven't shot it since reassembly, hopefully it did not hurt the
awesome accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bolt Hold Open Rod or I guess you can refer to it as a Bolt Stop, like RRA does.....

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Not sure yet how I feel about it compared to normal AR bolt catches.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
quality?
accuracy?
reliability?

No, I just shaved about 3/8" off the forward edge of the comb and it allowed the charging handle to be pulled fully rearward with the comb raised.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
quality?
accuracy?
reliability?

No, I just shaved about 3/8" off the forward edge of the comb and it allowed the charging handle to be pulled fully rearward with the comb raised.

Can you post a pic?

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top