Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2011 3:32:55 PM EDT
I have read in a few threads about a Jewell Trigger on a DPMS 308.  I bought one off of the EE here and when it got here on the manual it says- "it is not intended for use on AR-10 or AR-10 type actions".  Is that a CYA statement from Jewell or am I going to be listing a trigger back on EE?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
some of the match triggers have hammer springs that arnt strong enough to set off a 7.62 mill primer. std .308 and 7.62 ammo should be fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

some of the match triggers have hammer springs that arnt strong enough to set off a 7.62 mill primer. std .308 and 7.62 ammo should be fine.

my 3lb Timney AR15 trigger has set off everything from DAG surplus to PRVI M80 to SA surplus

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
YMMV, but that's why the MFG's have that line in there.  i havnt had a problem with it. but in theory it might not set off every mil primer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the feedback-  Is the consensus that I can use the Jewell and might have some issues on Mil Surp or should I scrap the Jewell on EE and pick up a trigger designed for the AR-10?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I swapped in a Geissele trigger into my DPMS LR308b without one hitch.  It was designed specifically for the AR-15 but since the innards of that lower are the same, the Geissele trigger fit perfectly.  It's been flawless.  I don't know why a trigger would specifically exclude the "AR-10" style rifles.  AR-10, of course, is NOT compatible with the DPMS family of . 308 rifles.  It's more of a cousin.  So, if you've got a DPMS and your trigger is designed for an AR-15, I'd say you're good to go without any issues at all.

Rome
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I will install in my lower tomorrow.  Unfortunately will not be able to have a range report for a couple of weeks.  I am having some ejection issues and since SHOT is next week I thought now would be a good time to get it tuned up by DPMS.  I should have it back in two weeks and I will give a report.  Thank you
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a jewel in my Dpms 308 lower.
Keep in mind you CAN replace the hammer spring with something heavier if needed as long as you're using the Kns anti rotate pin kit.
I use a Wolf XP hammer spring to cut the lock time.
Doesn't seem to affect the pull weight much at all.
I did break a hammer in half this past year in the 308 so you might want to stick with the standard spring unless you have issues.
I'm unsure about what broke it since I run the same setup in some of my 223 ARs without issue for many more rounds.
I called Jewel for a replacement and they sold me one.
They didn't seem to care how it broke

B-Man
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top