Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:33:24 AM EDT
I have a hardly used upper with 14.5in Noveske N4 barrel, and PWS comp pinned.

The rest of the upper is all Larue–– receiver, bolt, 9in hand guard.

I am moving to longer length, and am trying to figure out the most cost-efficient way to do it.

I could sell the entire complete upper–– haven't figured out what it would go for. . . . and replace it with a complete upper.

OR have the flash hider removed, sell the barrel, sell the hand guard, and build from there.

What is the value of an otherwise-excellent Noveske barrel with a removed FH?

How am I most likely to lose the least amount of money on this move?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are changing the barrel and the hand guard you really wouldn't have to have the pin removed if you sell both items as a set to the new owner. That will probably be cheaper than ruining the flash hider then selling a used pined barrel and a used LaRue guard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you list the specs for the bbl-twist,chrome lining or no etc..?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Noveske n4
1/7
Chrome lined
Same weight as m4 but stronger
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
From experience-

AR parts are a loosing game.. No matter what, you are going to loose money. . Unless you are lucky enough to have something that is super desirable, but out of production. Which is rare. Then you MIGHT break even. Might.

Its far easier to "part out" the upper receiver for a custom build and sell the parts. Few people want the exact same thing, unless of course it is super cheap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top