Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2008 8:49:30 AM EDT
Anyone have a good resource for what states prohibit FA BGC?  I live in PA and can't figure out if it is allowed.

I will take a wild guess and say CA.  Where else?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
General consensus is that the FA carriers are more or less legal as long as no other FA parts are used. Colt currently ships all their Semi-only rifles with FA carriers, so in their case its original equipment. I believe the BATFE has even stated a FA carrier is legal, but like most BATFE rulings it might be open to interpretation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
This has been covered many times on this board.  FA BCG should be OK to have installed in you firearm.  The part does not make you firearm fire full auto.  If you do a search you will find many hits on the subject.

Link Posted: 2/6/2008 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
WA may be the only state i can think of. I know they have some goofy law against machinegun parts. Alas, i am not from WA and cannot verify that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Some states, like WA, prohibit all parts designed for use in an MG, regardless of whether they actually result in FA fire.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
California has no problem with these.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Some states, like WA, prohibit all parts designed for use in an MG, regardless of whether they actually result in FA fire.

Now THAT is incredibly lame since I was planning on going with one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do you need the FA M16 Bolt Carrier?

See my post this page.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=362147&page=2
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not so much a matter of NEED, it's availability, and to some extent, reliability.

The FA BC is more massive than the semi BC,  which tends to help with reliable, solid chambering, particularly if the rifle is a little bit dirty or underlubricated.

Put it this way...there are no functional DISadvantages to having one in your rifle.

They're also readily available, and often cost less than semi BCs.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WA may be the only state i can think of. I know they have some goofy law against machinegun parts. Alas, i am not from WA and cannot verify that.

Parts are prohibited if they "only" work in a MG. If it will work in a semi, then it's legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top