Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:46:07 AM EDT
Been looking around and have been watching the EE here but have not been able to find just a cheap stripped AR barrel. Where is the lowest price they can be found new or is there a website that sells used barrels? Just looking to assemble a upper for my kid as cheap as possible..Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont know anything about these but these are the cheapest ive seen (new anyway). $100 for non members
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/16-m4-barrel.aspx?a=938889
but if i were you, i would jgo with something like this and be done with it. yes it be more money but it wouldnt be the bottom of the barrel either (no pun intended)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/may-m4-madness-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much. That one from the sportsman  looks like what we need. I am looking at the 16 inch M4 one for his assembly. I think with a few used parts we need to buy and a couple small things we have around here we can put together a decent shooter complete upper for around 300.00. Do not care if its a target master as its just a plinker to go along with his Dedicated CMMG AR22. This way he can just swap the cheap .223 upper in place of his dedicated .22 one and shoot with a little more authority occasionally..
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be curious how that barrel works out, like where the gas hole is, and if there are any pins, etc. Seems interesting.

Quoted:
Thanks very much. That one from the sportsman  looks like what we need. I am looking at the 16 inch M4 one for his assembly. I think with a few used parts we need to buy and a couple small things we have around here we can put together a decent shooter complete upper for around 300.00. Do not care if its a target master as its just a plinker to go along with his Dedicated CMMG AR22. This way he can just swap the cheap .223 upper in place of his dedicated .22 one and shoot with a little more authority occasionally..

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
zombiebarrels.com

made by citadel. i got the 16" middy and it's perfect.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Green Mountain
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I am actually waiting for a lady to call me back from the maker of the barrel sold at Sportsmans. Sportsmans could not tell me what the gas tube length is but it looks like a Midlength maybe. That is what we want anyway. Thanks for the Green mountain tip however they are more than we can afford on this project. You may get what you pay for but this is all we can afford. The Zombie one as suggested is just ten dollars higher so we will look at that maker too. If we use the Sportsman one I will sure let you know how it turns out.  This has to be assembled at our budget for him which is around 300.00 and I think we can do it for that and we may not have a Larue or DD when finished but it will suffice for his use caual plinking I think..Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought there was board dood here offering some low cost barrel.  Someone has the thread?
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
That would be great if someone knew the thread for sure...Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I am very close to ordering one of these
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
lol, i looked at the sportsman link again and now im contemplating a super cheap build. $100 barrel + $80 a2 upper from the EE and a cheap bcg i picked up, also from the EE.
the barrels look like carbine length, and i would be surprised if they were actually middys. also according to a reviewer, the barrels are MPI marked
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I put one of the Sportsman's Guide's barrels on my first build.  According to SG, the barrels are made by Mossberg.   It is a carbine length.  I haven't had any problems with.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Well Sportmans gave me a number to call that is a place called ESS Solutuions. That is who I was told makes the barrels for them. I did not reach them yesterday but will hopefully today...After going back and viewing the pics again it does look like a Carbine length gas system. We can however live with that I guess..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top