Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:07:41 PM EDT
Saw one for the first time at the local gun shop, pretty cool.  $1500 but  I did grin when I saw the M4A1 rollmark.  Now I keep wondering sell my LMT and Spikes?????  My rational side says "Nah" but some other voice keeps saying "You know that's a cool rifle from Colt!".  Haven't seen too many people buying, what say the hive, not worth it?  Are there different rollmarks on these?  I have seen the "M4 Carbine" but never the "M4A1"?
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw one for the first time at the local gun shop, pretty cool.  $1500 but  I did grin when I saw the M4A1 rollmark.  Now I keep wondering sell my LMT and Spikes?????  My rational side says "Nah" but some other voice keeps saying "You know that's a cool rifle from Colt!".  Haven't seen too many people buying, what say the hive, not worth it?

Worth it. Relatively new so not a ton on here. I want one but I don't want the socom barrel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw one for the first time at the local gun shop, pretty cool.  $1500 but  I did grin when I saw the M4A1 rollmark.  Now I keep wondering sell my LMT and Spikes?????  My rational side says "Nah" but some other voice keeps saying "You know that's a cool rifle from Colt!".  Haven't seen too many people buying, what say the hive, not worth it?

Worth it. Relatively new so not a ton on here. I want one but I don't want the socom barrel.

I was under the impression it didn't have an M4A1 profile barrel, just the RAS.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing that's the difference in the rollmarks.  It also said "Colt Defense".
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish you had not told me that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish you had not told me that.

Sorry

That was actually the big WTF when it was announced. I think people would pay the $1500 for a civi M4A1 from colt. Not so much for a $1K 6920 with an RAS that can be found anywhere for $150
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I see no reason to sell two perfectly functioning rifles for one that is not any different per say than what you have.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The Colt LE6920SOCOM has a Knights RAS,  M4A1 SOCOM brofile barrel, and a ambi selector.  It is also stamped Colt Defense.  Myself, I am waiting for the model with the Daniel Defense rail.

Link Posted: 3/11/2012 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]

The Colt LE6920SOCOM definitely caught my attention. Not the DD rail one though... If the rail was flat dark earth I'd be more interested.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm fairly certain that it doesn't have the SOCOM-profile barrel. See the Spec Sheet. There's only a .1-lbs. weight difference between it and the standard 6920, which could most likely be explained by the difference in weight from M4 handguards and the KAC RAS (note: the 14.5" SOCOM barrel is 4 oz. heavier––that is, .25 lbs.––than the standard USGI 14.5" barrel). Also, if you look at the match target specs, they mention certain barrels as "heavy" which leads me to believe they would identify key barrel differences from the 6920 should they exist.

Edit: grammar.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Handled one today at a local shop hrere, looked like a SOCOM barrel to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top