Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2011 12:12:26 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster AR-15 Carbine with a plain non-threaded barrel.Is it legal to have the barrel threaded and a muzzle brake applied.It was given to me by my son,who bought it during the ban on muzzle brakes,flash hiders,etc???Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I belive its okay in PA
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Best first post font I have ever seen!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Best first post font I have ever seen!

I can read it!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Even in CT and NY it would be legal as long as the comp is permanently attached. Not sure about some other states with AWB's in place but I don't think any of them care as long as it's locked in place not just screwed on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone in your hometown forum can probably answer that for you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If the current barrel doesn't have a break than it obviously is 16"+ long which means you can thread and install a break no question asked!!  But if you want to cut the barrel down so it's 16" total with break installed than the break must be pinned and welded!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had it done on 2 Bushmasters already, its fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Be careful giving advice as every state has different laws....you're in la and op is in pa!  In NY you can't have a muzzle device unless your rifle is preban!

Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful giving advice as every state has different laws....you're in la and op is in pa!  In NY you can't have a muzzle device unless your rifle is preban!

Shooters in NYS can have muzzle devices in the form of brakes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

As a previous resident of both PA and NY I have some knowledge about this.  In PA anything goes, all limitations went away withe expiration of the AWB in 2004.  In NY you are still shackled by the old AWB rules of any two naughty features: pistol grip, bayo lug, removable high cap mag, collapsible stock and a muzzle brake.  Flash hiders are a big no-no.  Unless you want to shell out for a pre-ban lower.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
In PA, you're good to go.

THANK GOD!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top