Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 10:36:40 AM EDT
I went to the Big E fun show yesterday and picked up a NEW Stag 1H (M4) upper for $500-otd.I was looking at the Sherluk uppers before i found the guy with the Stags.What's the deal with Sherluk?He told me all his uppers were made by FN,but they had no markings.Also the finish varied on most of them,some even looked like paint.Looked more like mis-matched chicom parts.People were all over them,even buying them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.1911.com/f/general-ar-15-discussion/sherluk-quality-control-lacking.afn
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/69164-sherluk.html
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24177

It is my understanding that FN doesn't sell anything on the civilian market in the US, but I could be mistaken.  With that said, I do have an FN bolt assembly in my parts box.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive bought things off them over the years. I used to set up a few aisles down from them at the PGC show at the Greengate mall. Its not bad stuff, some of the FCG parts I got from them years ago were junk.

Its best to talk and buy to those ladys face to face, you can look stuff over. Ask questions and if theres something wrong they can rectify it right there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i also bought some stuff off of them over the years. greengate mall, the expo, and now that place on the left that looks like an old walmart center. the last thing i got off of them was 2 yrs ago, it was a 16in cm upper complete w/ bcg. at least this one is a quality item. was shooting 1.5-2.5 groups at 200 yds with it. i believe the lady who runs the op is named MAUS. hence the picture of a little mouse on their business card. there from ohio somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad to hear that Sherluk is still spreading their FN lies to potential customers. Typical guns show/gun store bs. Avoid Sherluck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sad to hear that Sherluk is still spreading their FN lies to potential customers. Typical guns show/gun store bs. Avoid Sherluck.

Will do.How do they get away with lying about something like this for so long???
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I  see them at the local show, always passed, things didn't look right. That said, their table always has a crowd aound it. They also have an ad in Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will do.How do they get away with lying about something like this for so long???

Gun show dealers are like carnies.  They exist on the fringes of society.  I saw "Sherluck" and said to myself "oh it must be gun show season....."

How was the show?  I went once to the Big E show.  It was better than the CT shows for size and variety, but it was just more of the same.  90% garbage and 10% overpriced decent shit.  Also drives me nuts to see guns for sale that are on the CT AWB list that I can't buy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Just say no...

To bullshit.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I am very sorry to say, and hope I don't get banned for it, but I do not own any Colt, Larue, Noveske, BCM or Spikes rifles. I do however own 7 different AR's chambered in 5.56mm and I do happen to own a Sherluk 20" A3 upper that I purchased at a gun show here in NY a few years back.  It consistently shoots 1" groups at 100 meters with pretty much whatever cheap ammo I feel like shooting on any given day.  I have killed over 50 coyotes with it and am proud to say that I would put it up against anyone and their rifle on any day. I am sorry for the rant but I am growing tired of the rifle snobbery on this site and people bashing products of which they have absolutely no experience with.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am very sorry to say, and hope I don't get banned for it, but I do not own any Colt, Larue, Noveske, BCM or Spikes rifles. I do however own 7 different AR's chambered in 5.56mm and I do happen to own a Sherluk 20" A3 upper that I purchased at a gun show here in NY a few years back.  It consistently shoots 1" groups at 100 meters with pretty much whatever cheap ammo I feel like shooting on any given day.  I have killed over 50 coyotes with it and am proud to say that I would put it up against anyone and their rifle on any day. I am sorry for the rant but I am growing tired of the rifle snobbery on this site and people bashing products of which they have absolutely no experience with.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If only you were in tx i would put my bcm ss410 rifle up against your rifle. Then again i'm a snob when it comes to guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I love these type of comments. So someone who prefers known quality brands/parts is a snob compared to someone who chooses lesser quality & defends it? I've had a Sherluk upper & it was less than desireable. I'm glad you're happy with your Sherluk, but don't think for second that folks who "bash" them are snobs. You don't have to have hands on experience with something to offer an opinion as it pertains to quality. As the saying goes you don't have to eat a turd to know what it tastes like. I'll keep my BCM, DD, Colt, Spikes & LMT & be considered a snob any day of the week. Like I said in my previous post, avoid Sherluk.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought two uppers from them in the early 90's.  Does any one who has one know if they are chamered for 5.56 or .223?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Sherluck = SHIT
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Since this post i have e-mailed them three times to see what the chamber is. They never e -mail back. Guess that tell's all I need to know.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am very sorry to say, that you are absolutely lying if you are claiming that you can shoot cheap ammo from ANY upper (let alone Sherluk) and consistently get 1 inch groups at 100 meters. Unless your groups are only one shot, this is impossible as cheap ammo will not be uniform enough to have this kind of accuracy.

Maybe you consider Black Hills ammo cheap? Anything under $0.35 per round is cheap to me, and nothing for that price will shoot 1MOA with any upper I have ever owned, handled, or seen shot.

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Not good in my experience.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Sherluk?  No caliber listed in SGN add.  Everything is Hbar or bull barrel,  phone # is 1-888-M-16part.  I personally bought some Colt retro parts from them a few years back.  GTG then.  I have also seen genuine FN M-16 parts for sale.  Seems to be a bit of that stuff on the EE from time to time.  Would I buy one of there uppers?  Probably not, unless a great price and I really wanted it.  I actually prefer markings on the parts I buy.  Can they build a decent AR upper?  Probably,  many here do it.  Could parts come from the same place as FN parts?  Probably,  many vendors here do it.  Does that make them FN parts?  Probably not.  Think you did right buying the Stag instead.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm from Ohio and have purchased a number of parts from Sherluk over the years.  Originally they seemed to be dealing primarily in military surplus parts: Garrand, M1 Carbine, 1911A1, etc..  I bought a lot of odds and ends from them at decent prices.  The surplus stuff was genuine, often times packed in Cosmoline and wrapped in wax paper.  As the surplus stuff dried up they started expanding their AR offerings and the B.S. described above.  With the variety of quality parts and the number of vendors available to choose from today, I'd say you made the right choice.  It is a big world and there's a niche for many types of businesses.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They're full of shit, it's not FN. They're at all the gunshows around here. I think they were the ones that not only didn't stake the gas key but said you don't need to. However if they can  make Wolf shoot 1" groups I guess I better look more closely next time.

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm from Ohio and have purchased a number of parts from Sherluk over the years.  Originally they seemed to be dealing primarily in military surplus parts: Garrand, M1 Carbine, 1911A1, etc..  I bought a lot of odds and ends from them at decent prices.  The surplus stuff was genuine, often times packed in Cosmoline and wrapped in wax paper.  As the surplus stuff dried up they started expanding their AR offerings and the B.S. described above.  With the variety of quality parts and the number of vendors available to choose from today, I'd say you made the right choice.  It is a big world and there's a niche for many types of businesses.

I have had nothing but good servive for over thirty years with Sherluk =GTG !!!

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The owners don't look old enough to have been selling AR parts for over 30 years...
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The owners don't look old enough to have been selling AR parts for over 30 years...

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#25]
He told me I was getting an FN upper with a Wilson barrel.  My research shows that the upper was forged by aluminum and brass forgings Inc.  The barrel appears to be an older rock river. His BS aside the upper shoots awesome sub moa with match king handloads.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Sherry&Luke owners
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok I don't know how many of you have handled Sherluck products but I have messed with about 100 of their uppers/kits. Here Is what I can tell you.

1. LPK have always been Ok never had a problem except missing a piece and they were quick to fix that.
2. Uppers are best bought first person, look over them and make sure this is what you want, They assemble them buy grabbing whatever parts they can. I have seen 2-5 uppers with M4 cuts and rifle extensions.
3. They have all functioned fine "the M4 cut uppers were returned before I fired them."
4. For the price you are looking at Del-ton and other types of kits  "I like having the ability of looking over a product before I buy it'.
5. I think they offer a good product for the price, complete kits are reasonable throw in a reviver and you are GTG. For the first time Ar owner who does not want to spend a fortune and wants to pick out their AR in person Sherluck is a Ok vender
6. They do have a great selection at the shows as long as you are there when the doors open, during the rush m4 chrome line kits were gone in 30 min, they have everything from 24"varminters to 7.5" pistol uppers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He told me I was getting an FN upper with a Wilson barrel.  My research shows that the upper was forged by aluminum and brass forgings Inc.  The barrel appears to be an older rock river. His BS aside the upper shoots awesome sub moa with match king handloads.

When you are getting parts from the cheapest wholesalers and assembling thousands of rifles a month and not a big name factory, I don't know how anyone would be able to tell a person who picks up one and says "what manufacturer is this?" what they are holding.
I think RRA SS barrels are Wilson?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top