User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Could it be the Dewey guide? They are black. I'm sure if it was a Dewey rod, they would get the guides from them also as it makes sense.
View Quote

I was kind of thinking that. The Dewey guide is thinner too. It would fit the slot in the case better. I just need to be sure. If I were buying one I'd say no big deal. If I'm wrong toss it aside and try again but I need 4.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure you could just call and ask...(203) 264-3064 is Dewey
After that I think the only other commercial mfg's of them (in Delrin) is Possum Hollow and Sinclair? I could be forgetting someone though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#3]
I can't find anything about it. I google the NSN 1005-LL-L99-7684 and I can't find a thing. Possum hollow specifically calls one mk12 bore guide but who knows why. They are white.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#4]
I just emailed Dewey. The dewey M16B breech rod guide is made of aluminum and Delrin anodized black. They look simple and light. Makes sense but I'll report back what they say.

Edit-has anyone noticed the 22cf-30 Dewey rod is discontinued? What is the replacement and what is the difference? It's freakin crazy. It's harder to find the accessories than it is to find the actual weapon parts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
I just emailed Dewey. The dewey M16B breech rod guide is made of aluminum and Delrin anodized black. They look simple and light. Makes sense but I'll report back what they say.

Edit-has anyone noticed the 22cf-30 Dewey rod is discontinued? What is the replacement and what is the difference? It's freakin crazy. It's harder to find the accessories than it is to find the actual weapon parts.
View Quote

I have hunted far and wide for the Dewey rod also. I believe it has been discontinued. the -30 denotes its length in inches I believe.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Minuteman1636] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

The 22C-30 (current item) is a male thread while the CF was a FEMALE thread to accept the military cleaning tips.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#9]

The 22C-30 (current item) is a male thread while the CF was a FEMALE thread to accept the military cleaning tips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

from what I can tell the 22C-30 comes with an adapter now to that is male to male I guess so you can use either style brush,jag etc.basically just attach the adapter and you've got the 22CF. still waiting to see what they say about the bore guide. I never thought the JP would fit the slot in the foam very well. I still could and probably am wrong but its worth checking out. I ordered all the mildot master cards and Otis kits. ill order the rods and bore guides as soon as I hear from them. the guy from JP just sounded like he had no clue what I was talking about and said absolutely no black at any time. I'm going to go home and look at the slot in the foam again also.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I still need to order the Mildot cards.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/ku6h5qS.jpg
View Quote

Bitchin bro, strait bitchin
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#12]

from what I can tell the 22C-30 comes with an adapter now to that is male to male I guess so you can use either style brush,jag etc.basically just attach the adapter and you've got the 22CF. still waiting to see what they say about the bore guide. I never thought the JP would fit the slot in the foam very well. I still could and probably am wrong but its worth checking out. I ordered all the mildot master cards and Otis kits. ill order the rods and bore guides as soon as I hear from them. the guy from JP just sounded like he had no clue what I was talking about and said absolutely no black at any time. I'm going to go home and look at the slot in the foam again also.
View Quote

I got the 22c30 and it comes with a jag and female-female adapter. The 22c30 is a male connection. All the necessary parts from the Otis cleaning kit fit the adapter.
I am looking at the foam right now and it looks more like the JP bore guide than the Dewey.

Edit: The foam also looks like the Possum Hollow bore guide
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#13]
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:

I got the 22c30 and it comes with a jag and female-female adapter. The 22c30 is a male connection. All the necessary parts from the Otis cleaning kit fit the adapter.
I am looking at the foam right now and it looks more like the JP bore guide than the Dewey.

View All Quotes

So I measured the slot. It is 8" long. 1/2" wide and has a 1-1/2" slice at one end. Maybe someone with any of the 3 bore guides discussed can post some measurements.
EDIT-you were correct it is definatrly not the Dewey bore guide. I'm trying to find different pics of the possum hollow and jp guides at different angles. They look very similar. The possum hollow is black,made of 100% delrin and they designate it for the mk12. The mk12 designation by them is marketing I know. The JP is red and made of anodized aluminum. The material that it's made of could be a dead giveaway possibly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Knurled AEM5 at my LGS.   Must reeesiisst.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Kevin at High Caliber Sales told me directly that the JP was the correct bore guide supplied with the kits. He also stated that the military contract JP guides were anodized black otherwise the red ones are identical. I bought a JP under Kevin's recommendation and it fits perfectly in my surplus case.

It would be beyond amazing if JP would make a run of "black" anodized guides!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dslmgk:

Kevin at High Caliber Sales told me directly that the JP was the correct bore guide supplied with the kits. He also stated that the military contract JP guides were anodized black otherwise the red ones are identical. I bought a JP under Kevin's recommendation and it fits perfectly in my surplus case.

It would be beyond amazing if JP would make a run of "black" anodized guides!!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes

I emailed JP and asked that very question. I was told very firmly no. I also asked how many I would have to order to get them to do a run of black. Exact quote" the lot charge to do a different color would be painful for both of us" I assumed that meant no thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]

I emailed JP and asked that very question. I was told very firmly no. I also asked how many I would have to order to get them to do a run of black. Exact quote" the lot charge to do a different color would be painful for both of us" I assumed that meant no thanks.
View Quote

That sounds pretty damned grim.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be in at even twice the price.  

I'm sure the originals either went home with people or in the shredder. Makes me want to cry!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Would the colt short ambi selector be correct on the mod 1? Added thwt and cqd mounts tonight. Going all out navy i suppose.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

See if they will sell some "in the white" before they send them out....then either home anodize them, or send it out for black.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]

See if they will sell some "in the white" before they send them out....then either home anodize them, or send it out for black.
View All Quotes

I emailed a guy I know that owns an industrial coating shop. I told him what I need to do and asked if they can be anodized from red to black. I'll email JP again and ask about getting them in the raw. That's a great idea.  

Anyone have a .750 set screw fsgb for sale or trade for a cross bolt plus cash or something else?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Yo RT or anyone else,
it's gonna be my first time dipping my toe into the Mk12 Mod 1/med range world.

What's the current market pricing on TS-30A2s new or used?

I gotta' CLE, Douglas 416 SS 1/7" CLE Match chambered MK12 Bbl. on the way and a KAC FF RAS inbound and
I'm really fucking stoked!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:
Yo RT or anyone else,

I gotta' CLE, Douglas 416 SS 1/7" CLE Match chambered MK12 Bbl. on the way and a KAC FF RAS inbound and
View Quote

I picked one up for $900 from optics planet when they still had them 2 months ago. Haven't seen any used ones recently. I think the price is going up now that the mk 4 line has been pulled off the market.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:08:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tamboi] [#24]

View All Quotes

The only nsn with regards to a bore guide associated with JP Enterprises is 1005-01-623-6016 and apparently its for a 308.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:21:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tamboi] [#25]
Have been trying to gather a little information from a contact at Leupold with regards the scopes, the marked TS-30, TS-30 A2 and subsequent models supplied to the military under contract which ther has been 11 or 12.

Obviously the TS-30 is a vari-x scope which was a 2.5-8x36 mil-dot scope with a M3 turret (non-illuminated). At this time, I don't have any nsn number for this scope or know if it was even assigned one or the number that Leupold actually manufactured and sold.

The TS-30 A2 was made and sold in the 2002, 2003 timeframe, again no nsn number or numbers sold. Nearly all pictured have a k serial number for 2002.

These were the only scopes that were actually marked in this way and sold to the military, basically pre-mark 4 for these models.

The TS-30  became model 57075, the Mark 4 3-9x36 MR/T M3 non-illuminated mil-dot reticle (but with significant design changes)

The TS-30 A2 became model # 57055 the Mark 4 3-9x36 MR/T M3 illuminated mil-dot reticle (no change in design)

Leupold primarily supplied model number 57055 in the 2003-2006 timeframe for military contracts

In 2006, Leupold redesigned the previous years models and introduced the Mark 4 2.5-8x36 and the TMR reticle

The following scope model was supplied by Leupold under contract in the following years
Model # 60150 the Mark 4 2.5-8x36 M2 illuminated mil-dot

Leupold continued to supply this scope model in contracts until approximately 2010 at which time it was redesigned/small changes were made and it became
Model # 67920 the Mark 4 2.5-8x36 MR/T M2 illuminated mil-dot.

Once again in 2012, the scope was redesigned/small changes made and it became
Model #112633 the Mark 4 2.5-8x36 MR/T M2 illuminated TMR.

Model numbers 60150, 67920 and 112633 have all at one time or another been NSN 1005-01-562-0953 which was created in 03/08.
So I suppose at this stage if you have either model #'s 57055, 60150, 67920 or 112633 you would be clone correct. I did get a few contract numbers to look up, if I gather anything more I will put it out there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Interesting information. Here are some pictures that a member of the facebook group sent me a couple weeks ago. These pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago of a SAM-R in his armory. It has a 2.5-8 with mil dot and m1 turrets.

http://imgur.com/a/S7SoE
http://imgur.com/a/Q6CSM
http://imgur.com/a/ZY5Ig

Also, the ACTUAL magnification of Models #112633 and #67920 is 3-8.7. Leupold just sells them as 2.5-8. They're basically 3-9s.

Thanks for the info about the scopes. I always love information like this!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#27]
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627101708

Ouch
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Ouch
View Quote

If anyone in this thread buys that, I'll kill you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Ouch
View Quote

That is fucking crazy money!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Ouch

Damn I've seen MK12 uppers go on ee for close to that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:
Interesting information. Here are some pictures that a member of the facebook group sent me a couple weeks ago. These pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago of a SAM-R in his armory. It has a 2.5-8 with mil dot and m1 turrets.

Also, the ACTUAL magnification of Models #112633 and #67920 is 3-8.7. Leupold just sells them as 2.5-8. They're basically 3-9s.

View Quote

Oh NOW M1 knobs are seen in the wild. Although it's on a SAM-R which is ok too because I have two of them but while searching for my 3-9 I found several with M1 knobs for 1/3 what I paid for the one with M3 knobs. Oh well I guess.

There is an NSN listed for the bore guide but doing a google search I find nothing. I searched images of kits also. Didn't see a kit with a bore guide or maybe just couldn't see it. If JP will sell me some in the raw then the hell with it , problem solved.

I mailed out the first 8-10 manuals yesterday. I will mail out more today.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Oh NOW M1 knobs are seen in the wild. Although it's on a SAM-R which is ok too because I have two of them but while searching for my 3-9 I found several with M1 knobs for 1/3 what I paid for the one with M3 knobs. Oh well I guess.

There is an NSN listed for the bore guide but doing a google search I find nothing. I searched images of kits also. Didn't see a kit with a bore guide or maybe just couldn't see it. If JP will sell me some in the raw then the hell with it , problem solved.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:

You're the man Samson thanks for all the work you do
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Ouch
View Quote

Maybe I should invest in KAC FF RAS rails instead of stocks and mutual funds for retirement.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:37:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#34]

View Quote

If you so desire you could send them to Leupy and get the m3 knobs retrofitted
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Actually you can't. Was told a while back by Leupold you can't go from an M1 to either a M2 or M3.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#36]
You could always strip the anodizing off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#37]

View All Quotes

Everything I have is m3. I was just saying I had found several 3-9 scopes with M1 knobs and I passed on them until I found one with m3 knobs.

I am trying to do a count and see where I'm at with the manuals. I know some of you are waiting to see if I have some mod 1 manuals left. I have a few people that contacted me but then I never heard back from or I missed your reply. These are the people I don't seem to have any definite answer from or more likely I missed your message somewhere. I take the blame. But please let me know so I can see what I have left.

ZAKK101ABN
JOESCHMO
LONEWOLFGUN
VIPEREH

Again I may have just missed your email. I have manuals for you if you want them.

Dewey got back to me. The rod changed part numbers due to what we talked about. the threaded end. He said they changed it in order to apply a thicker coating on the rod. He also said they did not supply the rods directly for the mk12 and as we already figured out it was not their bore guide. Still waiting on a response from JP.

I was told the same thing on turrets. You can't go from a tall to short. But I think it had something to do with when it was manufactured too. Like 2007 and new yes. 2006 and older no.
  As far as stripping the anodizing I emailed a coatings guy I know about that process. Still waiting to hear back.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Well guys fulton armory took care of me and sent out the trigger guard, decided that was enough BSing and ordered the gas buster, gas tube, nitride BCG and tools to assemble it.  Really getting hyped about this
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Ouch
View Quote

You'd have to be a new level of impatient to pay that much.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#40]
The coating guy emailed me. He can do them in black anodize wether they are red or in the raw. Hopefully JP will sell them to me in the raw. I doubt it but we'll see. Either way I'm going to have black bore guides in my kits. I guess as soon as I hear from them I'll order some.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:09:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#41]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

Actually you can't. Was told a while back by Leupold you can't go from an M1 to either a M2 or M3.
View Quote

IIRC it depends on the year the scope was manufactured. The newer ones can, the older ones can't. I have been trying to find the thread on snipershide but all I can dig up at the moment is m1 to m5 conversions. Switching from their own system to scout back to their own system has made it almost impossible to find any old threads...
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#42]

I am trying to do a count and see where I'm at with the manuals. I know some of you are waiting to see if I have some mod 1 manuals left. I have a few people that contacted me but then I never heard back from or I missed your reply. These are the people I don't seem to have any definite answer from or more likely I missed your message somewhere. I take the blame. But please let me know so I can see what I have left.

ZAKK101ABN
JOESCHMO
LONEWOLFGUN
VIPEREH
ALIEN

Again I may have just missed your email. I have manuals for you if you want them.
View Quote

Im good bro i dont need a manual
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:28:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#43]
WOW!! I got an email back from JP. Absolutely not they will not sell them with no anodizing. Direct quote"it's too painful to remove them from the process. Why don't you CERAKOTE them black" end quote. Obviously they do not do their anodizing in house and I doubt very seriously if they made the ones issued with the mk12's. I'm going to look for other aluminum bore guides.
I even told him I'd buy 20-30 or whatever. I didn't expect him to do it for just a few. I figured other people might want one now and then so what the hell. The guy kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe just me but just seemed very condescending.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll post this in here too for the hell of it....Mod 0 got a little brother. Still have some stuff coming in.

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#45]

IIRC it depends on the year the scope was manufactured. The newer ones can, the older ones can't. I have been trying to find the thread on snipershide but all I can dig up at the moment is m1 to m5 conversions. Switching from their own system to scout back to their own system has made it almost impossible to find any old threads...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

I emailed Leupold a few months ago about switching from M1 to M3 turrets and was told they could do it. I forget the cost get quoted me though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Ouch
View Quote

Geno! What the heck!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#47]
If anyone is interested in mk12 mod1 kac ff ras rails, think one of the members here who is a KAC dealer is getting a shipment in soon, bought a couple yesterday, one for my mod 1 and another for a sam-r build at retail price.

Also does anyone know the Leupold part number for the M3 SPR turret for the 3.5-10 mark 4. It is labeled "5.56mm SPR 77GR" ? I'm going to be moving the Leupold 112633 2.5-8 to my SAM-R build and looking for a placeholder on the mod 1 until I can save up for a nightforce, so thinking about the Leupold 67950 if I can get the part number for the M3 SPR engraved turret.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#48]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
If anyone is interested in mk12 mod1 kac ff ras rails, think one of the members here who is a KAC dealer is getting a shipment in soon, bought a couple yesterday, one for my mod 1 and another for a sam-r build at retail price.

Also does anyone know the Leupold part number for the M3 SPR turret for the 3.5-10 mark 4. It is labeled "5.56mm SPR 77GR" ? I'm going to be moving the Leupold 112633 2.5-8 to my SAM-R build and looking for a placeholder on the mod 1 until I can save up for a nightforce, so thinking about the Leupold 67950 if I can get the part number for the M3 SPR engraved turret.
View Quote

I thought on the 3.5-10 with M3 turrets you were suppose to use the 7.62 168gr turret
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#49]
I believe there is a factory SPR 77gr M3 elevation turret that leupold made as well, have seen it on some builds that use the 3.5-10. Don't know if you guys ever watch Chris Bartocci's channel but on his build video you can check out the turret I'm talking about at about 7:35. But I have seen it on some other builds as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPENBcBbs1w&t=455s
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#50]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:
Yo RT or anyone else,

View Quote

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/626804781

I picked mine up 3 months ago and I think it was the last one from optics planet for 900 shipped, but saw one used sell about a month before I bought mine on the exchange for around 800. I have a feeling that people are going to be price gouging the crap out of these now that leupold has discontinued sales to civilians. But you can pick up the 67920 or 67925. Leupold sells the mk12 mod1 engraved m2 elevation turret as part# 112635 and just swap those out (I think they sell for like $36 through leupold). Idk if you belong to the CRA group on facebook, but a guy on there stated that he also had leupold install the cap tethers through Leupold with the turret swap as well if you're going for the look of the 112633. The only difference then would be the white alignment markings on the exterior of the tube.
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top