Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2010 1:14:29 AM EDT
Hi, brand new here, and have a quick question -

Looking at a Hogue Overmolded Pistol Grip to replace stock AR grip.  Doesn't seem to be made in FDE, but they do have something called ghillie tan.  Is this something Hogue uses as their own specification colour, or is it actually different?  Anybody have one that they can post pix of, or have any experience in how this compares to FDE?

It not be super relevant, since this grip in their tan colour is out of stock/backordered all over the place.  Did they discontinue it, or is it being replaced with something with a more standard or more easily recongnizable name?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
the vltor stock and magpul xt panels are fde. the houge is close not quite 100%, I'd say 90%.... ETA- the magpul panels lood darker becuase they are really dirty. just like the fde aimpoint cover. they were once all the same shade. LOL

Link Posted: 5/10/2010 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, appreciate the photo.  I fully expect to pick up some dust and UV discoloration over the years, and 90% is close enough for me.  Glad I was able to see it, thanks again.  Now if I can just find the grip in stock somewhere...
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
did ya take a look at the grip spikes is selling, color is FDE and feels great.  I was actually going to get a houge until I saw spikes was selling a FDE grip.  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed that hogue store on Friday to see if they had those in stock. I have yet to hear back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I emailed that hogue store on Friday to see if they had those in stock. I have yet to hear back.

Hogue Inc.

Voice: 800-GET-GRIP (438-4747) or 805-239-1440

Fax: 805-239-2553
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My Hogue FDE grip was actually darker than my CTR and XTM covers...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top