Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 7:56:58 AM EDT
WHATS THE BEST AND SIMPLEST THING TO DO IF THE REAR TAKE DOWN PIN ON A COLT GREEN LABEL AR-15 IS TO TIGHT ? THANKS
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Use it to your advantage, this will help with the sloppy fitting top.  Just apply pressure at rear of upper(in a downward manner) and push the pin out.  Do same for re-assembly.  

My oly does not have "rocking" uppers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Remove the AccuWedge.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
CLP, then push it in and out repeatedly. It will loosen up. Mine was pretty tight at first too, but after a while it won't be tight anymore.

(Man, this post could be so taken the wrong way)
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it a bunch, then get a nylon punch for the pin and clean it often. She'll loosen up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
AR pins are looser when the caps lock is off on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AR pins are looser when the caps lock is off on the rifle.

LOL

Just keep shooting it or keep working the take down pin like was already suggested.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The worst thing you can do is trying to loosen it up & end up making it too loose.  Guns are like women...tighter is better...just let it break in on it's own!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CLP, then push it in and out repeatedly. It will loosen up. Mine was pretty tight at first too, but after a while it won't be tight anymore.

(Man, this post could be so taken the wrong way)

+1
HFG
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The worst thing you can do is trying to loosen it up & end up making it too loose.  Guns are like women...tighter is better...just let it break in on it's own!!

I hate when they get too lose......guns I mean.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was tight on a gun.

Shot it. Went home. Wasn't tight anymore.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top