Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:33:49 AM EDT
my freind has this yugo sks....and it is not feeding ammo whatsoever....you have to manualy operate the bolt careir every time...so i took a look at the gas piston, and it seems fine. any thoughts?.........also i was wondering if he needs to mod it to be able to use retractable magazines?.....info would be nice...thanx.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Chances are you need to rotate the gas valve.  There is a valve up there by the grenade launcher sight.  It shuts the gas off to the piston.  Go read surplusrifle.com.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
thanx.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the gas valve is most likely shut off
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
You mean an SKS isn't a bolt action

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's the Kahleefornia model
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Check to make sure the short piston and spring is located within the sight housing too....the piston in the gas tube is only part of the system.

And what JimTH said.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top