Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:46:28 AM EST
I know they don't come with one but i want to put regular AK style handguards on my amd-65. I was wondering where I could locate a shortned gast tube and handguard for mine. I have seen them around from time to time on other peoples weapons but never have been able to derterminc where they go them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:35:21 PM EST
Well you can make a normal gas tube fit a AMD 65 with a hacksaw, 3/8" socket extension, and a torch.

THe woden lower handguard is very easy you simply remove the 2 samll metal pieces that protrude into the lower hadguard retainer on the AMD and then use a file/sander to remove a little bit of wood on the front of the lower handguard and it will fit.

The gas tube needs cut to length, then heat it to cherry red insert the 3/8" extension intothe end tha need flared and hit it with a hammer (not to hard) Go slowly and use plenty of heat don't split the metal. Once it is flared you may have to then sand it interanally and check it to gey it to run smoothly. IT is really pretty easy too. It only took me about 15 minutes to do mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:10:51 PM EST
I believe Centerfire Systems has them. You might also check Clearview Investments.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:56:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:52:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:05:41 PM EST
guys i don't think he's looking for a normal AMD gas tube. He said he wants to mount handguards on it. That requires a normal gas tube not the AMD. But the normal needs cut down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:06 AM EST
yeah am I looking for a normal akm style upper handguard with the wood and everything on it. Basically a regular gas tube/ hand guard just shorter.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:42:47 AM EST
Guncrazy223 explains how in his post
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:26:23 PM EST
well I was really hoping i could just buy one from some one. If I can't can anyone tell me how much to cut off a normal regular gas tube? And do I use one with holes in it or a solid one.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:46:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 12:46:29 PM EST by Exile]
just a romy without holes will work fine.
Cut it just a tad long and file it down
You might find one but its not hard to make
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:44:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 1:44:57 PM EST by mutt148]
I made myself one out of a Romy gas tube.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:39:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 5:45:59 PM EST by Parrandero]
Top Top