Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2006 3:36:53 AM EDT
what is the general consensus on these rifles?
i just traded for an SSR-85C-2. this is one of thier brand new, made in bulgaria, 1.6mm armory usa receivers. i am pretty impressed with it other than it does not feed hp. i also bought a vector underfolder that does feed hp. will post some pics shortly.

my colt 6721, bulgie, dad's norinco w/new ironwood stock, dad;s bushie
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got a Armory USA/Global Trades built today.  Since I am in Texas I had the opportunity to talk with the Global Trades guy in person.  He charged me over $400 labor plus bought a receiver from him to put together a brand new Bulgy AKS 74 folder kit.  

Got it home and it won't even accept a mag.  Tried three different mags from three different countries and I cannot see how any mag would fit.  I hope he will make good on this built but to be told it functions flawlessly and was test fired is disappointing if not shady.  I wouldn't deal with Armory USA again.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what is the general consensus on these rifles?
i just traded for an SSR-85C-2. this is one of thier brand new, made in bulgaria, 1.6mm armory usa receivers. i am pretty impressed with it other than it does not feed hp. i also bought a vector underfolder that does feed hp. will post some pics shortly.
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/trk2ajk/DSCF2957.jpg
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/trk2ajk/DSCF2960.jpg

my colt 6721, bulgie, dad's norinco w/new ironwood stock, dad;s bushie

I'm getting an SSR-85C-2 the week after next, according to the shipping report that Blaine at Atlantic Firearms has relayed to me.  I'll give a range report as soon as possible.  

BTW, that Ironwood stock set is gorgeous!  Did he use any stain on that or just use oil?

Also, where did you get your pistol grip?  The one that will be on mine is black.  I'd like to replace it with one that's similar to yours.

Bud
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just got a Armory USA/Global Trades built today.  Since I am in Texas I had the opportunity to talk with the Global Trades guy in person.  He charged me over $400 labor plus bought a receiver from him to put together a brand new Bulgy AKS 74 folder kit.  

Got it home and it won't even accept a mag.  Tried three different mags from three different countries and I cannot see how any mag would fit.  I hope he will make good on this built but to be told it functions flawlessly and was test fired is disappointing if not shady.  I wouldn't deal with Armory USA again.  

mine was not a build, i was told it was built in bulgaria. am i correct in that? are some of thier rifles built in bulgaria, some in the states?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
[quote

I'm getting an SSR-85C-2 the week after next, according to the shipping report that Blaine at Atlantic Firearms has relayed to me.  I'll give a range report as soon as possible.  

BTW, that Ironwood stock set is gorgeous!  Did he use any stain on that or just use oil?

no stain or oil, just clear unsanded varnish, the wood is kind of soft, but very pretty. i think with afew more coats and some sanding, it would toughen it up nice.

Also, where did you get your pistol grip?  The one that will be on mine is black.  I'd like to replace it with one that's similar to yours.
that is the grip that came on it. i did not like it and sent it back to a/usa and they are sending me a black one. the color of the wood is nice, the grip looked like peanut butter, but it was a very close match to the stock. my rifle really appears to be a quality piece.  so far i am fairly happy with it. need more ammo to be sureBud
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply.  

You know, the more I look at the SSR-85C-2, the more it resembles the old Type III AK-47, save for the receiver.  

Looks to have the AK-47 FSB, larger diameter barrel, a la the AK-47, and vented gas tube.  Am I correct?

Bud
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top