Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2004 6:01:03 PM EDT
I sure did chew up the support that they used to get caught on.  I  didnt compromise the structure of the support, but I did chew it up.  I looks UGLY!!!! I hope I didnt screw anything up.  I used a dremel tool!  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
can anyone tell me about when they did it? should I consider getting a new support put in?  It is still firmly in place.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
did you just dremel or dremel and file?

I had to go pretty far on mine to get the mags to fit, and even then I had to mod the mags a little. I'm thinking of possible getting a small piece of pipe tube and jb welding it to the back of the cross support to reinforce it.

Eventually I'd like to replace it entirely, but that will only be done when I have the tools and space to completely refinish the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont think I doug into it that much!  It just looks like crap.  The support is still very strong and does not look compromised.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top