Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/28/2018 6:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2018 6:36:08 PM EDT by byron2112]
I've not acquired a rifle yet, but a PSA is in my near future... I want to start acquiring some mags while the getting is good... I know nothing about the AK platform, and what prices are acceptable.

I don't really have any expectations or favorites... I mean, if some surplus stuff is good, that works... if some outfit like Magpul is the way to go, that's all good too.

I just want stuff that works, is available/readily obtainable, and is affordable to stock up on... I will say those bakelite russian mags are really fuggin' cool looking, but a quick price check looks like those are not so affordable... ... maybe one or two for kicks at some point in time..

thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:13:07 PM EDT
Surplus steel mags are the most reliable. Chinese,Russian,Bulgarian,Romanian,Hungarian,­Albanian,Yugoslavian,German,polish etc. Anything from a country that issued AK's.

Should be able to find some for under $15, few years ago under $10 few years before that under $5 the price is going up and availability is going down.

Tapco mags for $5 are good until the plastic locking tabs or feedlips wear out.

Commercial mags such as South Korean or Croatian are not as good as surplus.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2018 9:38:13 PM EDT by byron2112]
thank you for being specific, I appreciate it... that's exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:44:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:40:59 PM EDT
Arms of America and What a Country for ak steel mags
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:14:39 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1MRBEAN:
Arms of America and What a Country for ak steel mags
View Quote
What he said.
Top Top