Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:36:02 PM EDT
I bought a vector arms ak47. Question I have is about the gas tube. The tube is kind of loose and wiggles. Is it normal I've never seen one loose before. Can I try to smash the tube a little to stop the wiggle or is that a bad idea? Will a loose gas tube effect the gun at all? I'm kinda new to the ak maybe this is just normal on some of em.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:52 PM EDT
Never seen that before, is the lever to the rear of the tube in the correct position?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:39:41 PM EDT
The levers in the correct spot but for some reason the top grip with gas tube is loose. Its loose enough that it rattles when you move it. Guess its really no big deal im just use to my bushmaster rifle everything fits pretty tight. I assume it just being loose wont effect how the gun shoots. I havn't been to the range yet.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:06:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:
It shouldn't affect function, but if it bugs you a new gas tube shouldn't be very expensive.

If it were mine I'd probably swap it out because it would bug me.

Dude, you should go to bed. You have a real job now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:10:13 PM EDT
Mine was loose. Didnt bother me, havent fixed it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:57 PM EDT
Tubes when new are fitted to the rifle snug. Not uncommon for it to get loose when worn in. Tubes were a unit replacement part in the field. For a range gun, it should not pose any function problems but like others, the rattle would drive me crazy enough to source a new tube and fit to rifle. Unless numbered to your rifles kit as built by Vector, they may have just grabbed the next tube on the pile when making your rifle.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:19:41 PM EDT
The gas tube on my Vector was loose as well. I bought a gas tube tension spring from K-Var and now it's tight and rattle free:

K-Var gas tube tension spring

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:23:24 AM EDT
Thanks for all the replys! It does bug the shit out of me. I think I will try the gas tube tension spring and if that doesnt work I'll get a new gas tube.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:56:16 AM EDT
Illinois,
FWIW, My free advise to you. Buy both the tube and spring from KVAR being that their shipping is HIGH. If the spring works, send back the unused tube for refund. Sometimes it sucks when companies want to charge $10 for a tine $2 part.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:02:05 AM EDT
The gas tube on my vector was loose also. If you want to use the spring you will probably have to modify the gas tube. My gas tube would not take the sping without modifications.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:14:26 AM EDT
I own 3 Vector AKs and one of them had exactly same problem. The gas tube was hair short and it moved around a bit.
I called the Vector and nice lady told me to send back the gas tube...
Week later I got the brand new gas tube that fit perfectly.
My two recently purchased underfolder with milled stock had no problem what so ever!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:16:35 PM EDT
Tinfoil will fix it. E-mail me and I will give the details.

SM
Top Top