Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2003 8:15:16 AM EDT
Hi in canada the only AK one can legaly own is a valmet 78. But we have the right to build legal weapon using prohibited weapon parts. So anyone knows where i could find valmet 78 complete part kit or more realisticly RPK part kit in .308 win so i can import it and build my own reciver.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Its highly unlikely you will find a Valmet 78 as a parts kit. Even if you did, you'd run into the same problem as all Valmet 78 in .308 owners...magazines. Valmet re-worked H&K G3 mags to work in the 78. These are rare and expensive. Plus, besides the 78 coming in 7.62x51 and 7.62x39, they also came stamped and milled receiver. Magazines fitting a particular firearm is a "hit or miss" proposition. Were I you and I found a parts kit, I'd build it as a 7.62x39 and use AK mags. Otherwise, it will task your machining capability. My 2 shillings!
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top