Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:41:55 AM EDT
simply put why?????? what is so different from a romainian gas piston to a us gas piston. besides the obvious having to buy from a us parts dealer?

so enlighten me whats the big deal?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
right but what is the reasoning behind it? does having a foreign gas piston mke it more evil or is it the government just being dick heads?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a little bureaucracy, some nit picking, a bit of a technicality and a loophole in the law. Basically the way just aboiut everything works.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not any one particular part that makes it evil, it's just having more than 10 imported parts total in the rifle that is a no-no.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's not any one particular part that makes it evil, it's just having more than 10 imported parts total in the rifle that is a no-no.

but what is it about those 10 parts are they somehow different from us parts? ie full auto parts
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]

but what is it about those 10 parts are they somehow different from us parts? ie full auto parts

Nothing is different - it's just politics & beuracracy, nothing more. The parts are the same, only made in a different country. The point of the law was not to make you put US parts in your gun, it was to prohibit the import of certain types of weapons. Putting US parts in your gun was not the intent of the law, it's just what has to be done to get around the law.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
They had to draw the line somewhere between an imported firearm and a US-made one with some foreign parts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]
h

Quoted:

Nothing is different - it's just politics & beuracracy, nothing more. The parts are the same, only made in a different country. The point of the law was not to make you put US parts in your gun, it was to prohibit the import of certain types of weapons. Putting US parts in your gun was not the intent of the law, it's just what has to be done to get around the law.

thank you for your input i didnt know it was a way to get around a law i thought it was a law.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]

thank you for your input i didnt know it was a way to get around a law i thought it was a law.

Yeah...it's just what's required to have your gun the way you want it and not break any laws. Pretty stupid legislation/interpretation, huh?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top