Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:33:25 PM EDT
I just got a yugo m-70 underfolder. I love it! I want to trick it out with a vertical grip, scope mount, tactical light, laser sight and black forearm grip. I have had a hard time finding any information about the yugo, except it has a longer forearm( the top? bottom? or both?) I want to get that black .AK Tri-rail Mount Lower and upper Forend  does it fit??? also i like the low profile russian side mount scopes. where do i get the rail installed?? it would be nice if it was in oregon but if someone does good work I'm willing to pay for S.&H
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to flame you but whats the purpose for all this "tactical" stuff on an underfolder?
If you want a "tactical" AK get one with a siderail and either add a surplus scope or a new production red dot such as a PK-AS or a Kobra!
Most "tactical" stuff does not a good shooter make! Remember that one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for your opinion, I would probably say same thing "gear queer" and your half right.  I want the tac light and the red dot, the other stuff is just for looks to be honest. I want a fast target  acquisition scope, I don't know much about  russian products, so I'm sticking with american optics. I'm new to ak's, I served 4years in the marines africa, afghanistan and Iraq. I was a 0331(machingunner)  and had a chance to shoot ak-47 at bagrum airforce base. it was a underfolder of some kind. I very impressed with the fire power and was accurate enough to kill a man within 200 meters( average engament distance) the ammo I used was of various manufacture. it still preformed. I have a ar-15 but the ak has the fire power that i love and if i ever needed a weapon I would reach for the ak, that is why I want the rail and the "goodies".

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Freedomoptics.com carries a tactical light thatn can be mounted on any AK, I believe it is also used by the Russian army or special forces.
Link
Since they are out of stock you may try tantal, he could have one in stock.
Link
I wouldn't buy any US optics when the real deal is so cheap, POSP 4x24 scope can be had for $100 or so! And a Kobra red dot which is used by the Russian special forces for $150-180. I just bought a PK-AS red dot which I haven't shot yet but Its outstanding. For $200 I think its a fair price.
www.posp.ru has some good deals on red dots, check them out.
If you really want to red dot an underfolder I would think the best best option would be a scout mount, I've heard good things about them. I've never really heard good things about scopes ontop of the gas port.
Here's the Link

Well, good luck. I hope I gave u more options to look at!

Edited to Add:
This is what a real tactical AK looks to me:

Photo taken from tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info, so it would be worth buying a side rail for a scope mount verses a replacement top cover one?about the optics I think I'll stick to what i know, if i could handle or look through one I would consider it. ultmak, will fit the yugo? I got a idea, what about adding the railing my self? buy  mini weaver rails, drill my current hand guards and see if it works. it would do find for a tac light and a vertical grip. but the laser and the scope would need something that would have very little play.  right now I'm only seeing the option of getting a side rail installed for the russian style mount. the ultmak is lot to pay for a mount, if my idea works, i could do it for the fraction of the cost and buy ammo! I'm it's just a idea, do you think it will work??
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Will an underfolder stock clear a side rail?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
AS FAR AS I CAN GATHER YES, BUT IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SOME REASON, i DON'T KNOW IF IT IS OUT OF PREFERENCE, I'M REALLY UNDECIDED ON THE SIDE RAIL.  i LIKE THE UTLTIMAK SCOUT MOUNT BUT I'M NOT FOND OF THE PRICE. I MIGHT JUST GO WITH IT, IT'S EASYIER THEN PAYING TO GET THE RAIL MOUNTS INSTALLED.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top