Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 7:44:58 PM EST
i got this rifle in 1999. it has a pistol grip on it. it is a double stack mag but the clerk said it was illegal to insert a mag of more than ten rounds. i took apart the rifle today. the hammer has a C stamped on it the trigger and disconect have no marks . the pistol grip has no stamp and the handguards and stock are not US made. how can it have a pistol grip without 5 US parts? can anyone tell me what parts are US made? can anyone give me any info on this? thank you
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:42:38 AM EST
You probably have the MISR model. It was sold with 5 parts that are U.S. made.
The fire control group (3 parts, The C marking is Century.) and the mags that came with it have a U.S. made floor plate and follower.
To get your true parts count up to legitimately use any dual stck mags, would be to replace the gas piston and the pstol grip with U.S. made parts.
If you are going to use a muzzle device it too would have to be U.S. made. Check your barrel end dia. though, it most likely is turned down to a non-standard dia.
I've researched this a bit, if you want to use a slant style you will need a thread adaptor of some sort, I undertand tha Jayson at IGF has them but I wrote him and never received a response, and the folks at Dynasystems list that they will sell an ak74 type brake with different mounting threads, but I don't know if they have a size that will fit the thread size that is needed.
My Maadi is turned to a size that is perfect for a 12mm thread.
My winter project is to convert my Maadi by threading the turned end to a standard 12mm (R.H.) thread, adapting the thread to a standard 14mm (L.H.) thread with a silver soldered on adaptor thread
then to use a standard (U.S. made) slant type brake.
The hard part is getting someone to make the thread adaptor for you if you cannot do it yourself.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:17:20 AM EST
Although I could find no definitive source, I researched the same question when I got my MISR S/A. 3 fire control parts and the mag follower and floorplates was the same conclusion I came to. KVAR makes US polymer furniture that got the parts count up for me, as I was having difficulty finding US floorplates for my cheap and plentiful spares. And if you get the foregrip and pistol grip, you can now put a Romanian wire folder on it if you live in a free state.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:21:55 PM EST
Top Top