Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 9:43:46 PM EDT
I have an SAR2 with a minor case of trigger slap.  Didnt notice it until I tried to shoot it in the cold, but it is there.

I also have a Romak-3, with a decent trigger.

I was going to purchase a RSA trigger to relieve the SAR2 trigger slap, but figure, why "waste" a decent trigger?  So my plan is, put the RSA trigger in the Romak, and the Romak trigger in the SAR, and throw out the SAR's trigger.

I have never seen a RSA trigger, and dont know how they are made.  Basically, my question is not about the RSA trigger, rather it is whether or not the ROMAK and SAR triggers are the same.  I know the RSA trigger will work in both the romak and sar, but that doesn't mean 100% that the Romak trigger will drop into my SAR...

What do you guys think?  
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an RSA in both rifles so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm....I don't see a problem here.

edited: Damn, I hit the "ENTER" button to "return" to start a new sentence and the thing posts to the thread. Punch "EDIT" and hit the "ENTER" this time and it returns. WTF???

Anyways, order the trigger. Take the trigger out of the Romak and try installing it in the SAR. If it fits great, install the RSA in the Romak. If not, put it in the SAR.

shit! It just did it again!

So, like I said, what's the problem?

Oh yeah, order the pin retainer plate and the sear spring. They made a lot of difference in my SAR. And I'm still using the Centrury POS H/T/S.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot, I'm ordering up 2 retainer plates and an RSA trigger tonight.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top