Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 8:46:40 AM EDT
Well let me explain.
took out the valor arms Ak today to shoot and after finfding out safety did not work fired 10 rounds thru it.
after each shot had to push trigger back forard to fire next round.
So I think problem is in the trigger group will examine it when cleaning it.
Thought I would share the mistake and crappy trigger with you all.
yes this is a brand new Gun!!
kind of makes you wonder if store that I bought it from checks the stuff before they sell it.heir
Oh well back to the store next weekend.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
First check that the tails of the hammer spring are both on the trigger and that the wire retainer (shepards crook) is in the groove on the hammer and trigger axis pins and that they are fully seated. If everything checks out OK you probably need to dremmel off a little metal on the front of the trigger where it moves in the window in the receiver. You'll be able to feel it rub and stick if you work the trigger. There isn't much to building an AK type rifle but it's the little details that make the most difference. It seems many builders are in just to much of a hurry to crank these things out. You should be able to fine tune everything yourself.Your selector probably needs to be fitted by again taking off metal where it moves over the rail off the trigger. If you cant get it out you can carefully rotate it down and back clockwise (don't scratch the rear trunion rivets) and up to perpendicular to the receiver to remove it. It is just flexible enough to make it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First check that the tails of the hammer spring are both on the trigger and that the wire retainer (shepards crook) is in the groove on the hammer and trigger axis pins and that they are fully seated. If everything checks out OK you probably need to dremmel off a little metal on the front of the trigger where it moves in the window in the receiver. You'll be able to feel it rub and stick if you work the trigger. There isn't much to building an AK type rifle but it's the little details that make the most difference. It seems many builders are in just to much of a hurry to crank these things out. You should be able to fine tune everything yourself.here

Hammer spring is where it needs to be.
This is one funny setup the Crook does not contact the Selector.
it only covers the two pins that hold the trigger and hammer pins.
Plus their is this plate that sits on the side next to crook I think it might be a Bolt hold open thing.
Taking it back today.Thanks for reply
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top