Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2003 10:04:59 AM EDT
I purchased a 3 piece flats set from stenparts.com. I'm new to ak47's so don't know a lot about them. I HAVE figured out that I need lower rails, which I'll get from sksman, but do I need a centersupport also? these flats are thick, and will be welded together. Also, what do I do for the top rails? 1 final ?. Does anyone besides JoeKen sell hesse receivers?

OJF
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they use .060 flat stock to make the top rails if memory serves. I dont believe you would need a center support if its thick enough.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the reason for excluding JoeKen?  I just got mine a couple days ago from them.  Service couldn't have been better.  I ordered it at about 3am, had a confirmation at about 9:30am and tracking number about 1pm all in the same day.  The only thing i didn't like was the package was somewhat crushed, but that's big brown for ya.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like JoeKen because they rape their customers on S&H charges. $13.00 for a receiver that weighs 1/2 lb is a bit much.
                    OJF
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Hi, I got the jigs to bend the flats & top rails factory like after a lot of thinking, testing and working with a machine shop finally made it.  I got pics of a folded flat at ak-47.net and would like to post here if I can or learn how.  The price of the jigs (02) is $200.00 it may sound like much but after you bent two flats the jigs are FREE.  Besides after all from my standing point of work, material, testing, labor paid it is a very fair price.  If you are interested on one set please let me know check out the pics at ak-47.net.

If somebody can help me post the pics here it will be greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't check your pics at AK47.net, cause I'm a lifer there.(Banned for life) And proud of it!
                  OJF
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Congratulations Bud!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I just did a price check on shipping from joeken to my dealer; 3 hesse receivers, weight less than 2 lbs, in a 12X4X4 package: JoeKen wants $17.99 for ups ground. I checked thru ups, and they quoted $4.56. As I said, JoeKen rapes their customers, and don't even bother to use K-Y in the process!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Interested in the jig you have please let me know the details thanks
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top