Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:57:21 AM EDT

it is a new 2005 M92 krink kit made in yugo. I want to make it a pistol.......... but I want the option to SBR it and add the underfolder to it later.

like I said, pistol now but SBR with underfolder later. what do I need to do and get?

I think I need to get a reciever, like this one right?

The holes in the back of the reciver are for the underfolder right, so what happens to them when I use them for the pistol configuration.

I have no other parts except whats in the pic, how would you go about finishing this Krinkov?
I am a total newbie in the field of AK's and I dont know what I am doing at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you ever consider adding a pinned fake can instead of going the pistol route?  If you go pistol then you will have to get a pistol block for the rear which will probably require you to drill an extra hole.  Then when you decide to SBR it you will have to remove the rivets and possibly patch a hole from the pistol block.  But if you go with a fake can all you will have to do is remove the can from the barrel, which in my opinion would be a better option.   I hate to see such a beautiful kit turned into a pistol.  If you want a pistol get your hands on an AMD-65 kit and make one out of that, but I think it's a shame to use a Krink for a pistol build.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, D.S. is right on all counts! You need a AMD65 kit for that pistol build. I'v got one I'll send ya for that Krink kit, even-stevan swapYa don't need to thank meglad to help out

OJF
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Use the folder trunion for your pistol build but dont drill the holes for the folder. Only drill the ones for the rivits.  You dont need a pistol trunion to build a pistol.
With no holes the stock can never be attached , hence a pistol.When your paperwork clears drill your holes. There would be none of that pinning on an extension, possibly ruining your finish when you remove the paperweight. Plus by making a pistol first you would need not throw away money on an extention that will be destroyed when you remove it

So all you need is a receiver
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah guys you are right, dammit!

I am going to get a hollow fake can for it, it will be like a huge flash hider.

ok but still, what do I need to do, I am completely clueless.

I paid $480 for the kit up there and I dont have any instructions anywhere on building a krink kit.

when I started building AR's I couldnt stop finding useful sights and pics( pics are most important here)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Use the folder trunion for your pistol build but dont drill the holes for the folder. Only drill the ones for the rivits.  You dont need a pistol trunion to build a pistol.
With no holes the stock can never be attached , hence a pistol.When your paperwork clears drill your holes. There would be none of that pinning on an extension, possibly ruining your finish when you remove the paperweight. Plus by making a pistol first you would need not throw away money on an extention that will be destroyed when you remove it

So all you need is a receiver

Damn 762, I forgot all about that option.  Great idea!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah guys you are right, dammit!

I am going to get a hollow fake can for it, it will be like a huge flash hider.

ok but still, what do I need to do, I am completely clueless.

I paid $480 for the kit up there and I dont have any instructions anywhere on building a krink kit.

when I started building AR's I couldnt stop finding useful sights and pics( pics are most important here)

Check out Pookie's site here: pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/
Also, I know this is sacriligeous, but check out this post at Goonsnet too: www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220818
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet kit.  Good luck on your build. WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top