Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2003 11:00:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Its interesting, how the disclaimer evolved as it became known what was happening with "the home of INFORMER"

The following is pretty much how the "ak-47.net" disclaimer used to look  All contributions become the property of AK-47.net and are copyright © 2000 - 2002 by AK-47.net. No content may be reposted or published without written consent of AK-47.net. . The opinions, views and comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of AK-47.net or any of it's agents. AK-47.net does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. AK-47.net assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message.

Notice  how it has now changed to -we can lie cheat steal, and rob you blind but you can't do any thing about it-. I wonder how their disclaimer will hold up in a court of law, HAA
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It's doubtful.

The damn thing contradicts itself:

All contributions become the property of AK-47.net and are copyright © 2000 - 2002 by AK-47.net. No content may be reposted or published without written consent of AK-47.net.

Yet:

The opinions, views and comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of AK-47.net or any of it's agents. AK-47.net does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. AK-47.net assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message.

By assuming ownership of something, you're accepting responsibility for it.

There's 4 options, here:

1> They own all content, and thus, are legally responsible for it.

2> Ownership of content remains with the original poster of said content

3> Ownership of content is public domain, due to the nature of the board.

4> An amalgam of the above three options.

As the owners of the website, they are responsible for all content on said board.  Were legal action to ever take place due to content of the board, they would be the first ones hammered with the subpoena or the cease-and-desist.  You can't have it both ways - you can't say "this is ours, don't steal it or we'll sue you" and turn around and say "oh, we didn't write that, we're not responsible, here's the address of a person to sue".

If I post original content on their board, it's my content.  I don't care where it's presented, it's mine.  Perhaps we should all add a "all content of this post (c)2003 myname" to our signatures?

Finally, the content of the board is public domain - in this instance, ownership of the content still resides with the original poster, but due to it's posting in a public and anonymous forum, anyone can legally copy it and utilize it in many legal ways - they can't make money off of it, they can't take credit for it, but they most definately can reproduce it for fair use.

I've never seen a disclaimer more contradicting that this one...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Being that I am a relative newbie to this forum (have lurked here for a long time ;), I don't really know how to approach this, so I'll just come out with it.

Why do you guys have such an obsession with the folks over at that other website?

I like to learn about AKs and ARs, but man, sometimes I feel like I need a shower after reading this kind of stuff.

Geeze...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sun warmed gravel has more intellect than the morons who run that board.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Being that I am a relative newbie to this forum (have lurked here for a long time ;), I don't really know how to approach this, so I'll just come out with it.

Why do you guys have such an obsession with the folks over at that other website?

I like to learn about AKs and ARs, but man, sometimes I feel like I need a shower after reading this kind of stuff.

Geeze...

Well trust me on this John.. They are a bunch of lying Hynena's that are lower than whale shit. They have a history of aiding and abetting a thief known varoiusly as  SAI, Informer, Guccanio etc. Checkout the stickies post here or over at falfiles.com for a brief overview.

If you don't trust me just hangout and over there awhile and see for yourself. There are still a few good people at AK.47.nutz, but shakedown artist run the place.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So is this whole deal about supporting the Informant?

Or something about being a Navy Seal?

Has everyone here served their Country or do we just belittle those who have?

Or does it have something to do with their new AR-15 forum?

Why does everyone here disparage all the members of that forum across the street...Especially when many of you ARE members over there.

I don't get the jest for some reason...I usually try to be fair to all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
From my point of view it is very simple, I believe that they actively participated in a scheme to defraud their own membership. I was a victim of that fraud. But unlike many other people on that website, I could afford my monetary loss. For most of the others, I think it was a hardship.

The fact is that most AK's are inexpensive and they allow people without a lot of money to get a damn fine rifle. These same people still want to get the very best out of their rifles and are willing to spend a little more to send it to an "expert" to have it "tuned" or improved. And, that is where I believe AK-47.net conspired to help seperate its members from more of their hard earned money to insure that the site got its advertising revenue and special "build" favors from the "informer"

So why do I dislike them, simple, I believe they knowingly scammed a lot of poor folks. Why do I post about it? Simple, to keep them from ripping off another bunch of unwitting victims.
Basically what you see here is people shining the light on a bunch of cockroaches.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So is this whole deal about supporting the Informant?

Or something about being a Navy Seal?

Has everyone here served their Country or do we just belittle those who have?

Or does it have something to do with their new AR-15 forum?

Why does everyone here disparage all the members of that forum across the street...Especially when many of you ARE members over there.

John it ain't all about them aiding Informer in his frauds - althought that is foremost with me. Before Informer there was MSC, they covered for him also - he screwed some over, not to the extent of Informer thought. And they cover for Joeken er Jerkin also. DTHOR was exposed as lying about being a Navy Seal - then he sort of dropped off of AK.47.nutz claiming his wife had cancer, but he just changed his name to BOWHUNT.

I myself do not disparage all memebers of ak.47.nutz, there are fine folks over there who I know and have done bidness with (how they can stand the stench is beyond my ken)but they are the exception to the rule. Like I said before, if you don't believe us just hang out over there for awhile, if you like it there its OK by me. But if you have a moral compass, I suspect you will discover what others of us have.

I myself was banned for speaking truth to DTHOR/BOWHUNT's lies. YMMV,

If you are for real you will soon see that they are hiding behind the "we have served and they are cowards fig leaf".

My great-grandaddy served, my granddaddy served, my daddy served, I served, and my son served. Far as I know that don't give us special dispensation to lie.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Good for you.  It's just that the admins qho run that site don't have the same principles as you or I.

FWIW, disclaimers are basically crap in court.  They're made by people who think they can re-invent their own version of the US laws.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
read thru a couple pages of general discussion over at dotnutz. then right me an unbiased report on what you think the average i.q. is.

CB, I haven't the energy for report writing on the weekend, but I have lurked over there and have found many of the members to be well rounded and quite intelligent.

Here is just one example of a thread where folks are civil and conversation is intelligent and lively:
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130696

It seems there are times when folks get all stupid and post silly things out of boredom, but that hardly qualifies the mass of membership as morons or chimps...anymore than it does here.

There are fine people here at AR15.com, but as a fine old gentlman boss of mine told me long ago, "your employees are a direct reflection of your ability to lead and guide"...I believe that applies to all who have responsibility towoards their subordinates, or in the case of a privately owned web forum, the membership.

I realize I've only got a few posts here and I'm not trying to stir the pot, It's just that I find most people are decent and I try to get along with everyone.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
John,

Go over there and have a disagreement with a mod.  Try Bowhunt.  When he gives you his standard "STFU  or go someplace else" line, give it back to him. See how long it takes to be banned.  That's the problem over there.  I have seen to many people be banned for just stating their opinion.  I was banned for disagreeing with a forum rule on charging contributors to psot in the for sale forum.  Post deleted and banned.  

And talk about post magically disappearing.

Make a post over there and type in CAMPYBOB's name an see what happens.

BTW, here is the message I get when I try to sign in:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\WebSites\GunsNet\WebRoot\forums\global.php on line 401 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\WebSites\GunsNet\WebRoot\forums\admin\functions.php on line 2488

WTF does that mean?

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
John,

Go over there and have a disagreement with a mod.  Try Bowhunt.  When he gives you his standard "STFU  or go someplace else" line, give it back to him. See how long it takes to be banned.  That's the problem over there.  I have seen to many people be banned for just stating their opinion.  

fuck you don't even have to post over there to get banned.....those that run the site, or some of their asslicking lackeys,  follow  members around to other boards, and if they read something you post about gunsnet they don't like...you'll know about it. they didn't like what I wrote on this site that refered to them......on 2 different occasion, the first I let it go.....but when it happened again they can kiss my hairy ass crack, and like it.

granted there are still some good people over there, but the folks who run that site are either paranoid dellusional, or have some other serious mental issues, when they follow memebers to other boards, and see what they write about them.

besides covering up for SAI, and now JOKEN..... they have no qualms about stealing someone's else idea and selling it as their own (ie. kalashnkov kitty tee shirt)....I mean it takes a low down slimmy piece of shit to do that.....no matter who they are.

I've had it with those nutzoids who run that site.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
the great and powerful circular piece of furniture has spoken!

ah I can see it now....king asswipe, and the idiots of the round table.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top