Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2005 2:24:25 PM EDT
Will the Wire folding stocks that you see on a lot of the AMD builds work on a wasr ak47? I found one at www.centerfiresystems.com and it says its for ak47 and it comes with the trunnion. If it does work how hard is it to install? Will i have to notch my reciever to allow it to fold?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received my AMD-65 kit and after examining it it does appear that the rear of the receiver will have to be notched out to accommodate for the hinge mechanism.  Other than that it should work with any stamped sheet metal receiver.

On a side note I think the Romanian side folder would look slicker on a WASR and I believe that these don't require any receiver modifications.  Plus it's Romanian just like your WASR.

www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=52
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I dont know why but i like the looks of the amd folder, but i will probably go ahead and get the romy folder just so i wont have to modify my reciever.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You may like the looks of it, but you'll hate the feel. The Romanian folder offers good cheek weld, whereas the AMD does not. It is by far the most uncomfortable side folder IMHO. As 00 stated the Romanian slides right on with no modifications to the receiver. It also gives you the option to switch back to wood.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
i was wondering about the cheeck weld. Thanks, guys. I think ill go with a romy folder from www.gunsnstuff.net   $38!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top