Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:17:16 PM EDT
The barrell on my yugo underfolder started to push out like a charm using a 20 ton press.  As it was about 3/4 way out it seized up inside the trunnion.  Now it wont budge at all.  What is causing this?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I pushed the barrell back in about 1/4" after seeing some kind of obstruction in the barrell pin hole.    It looks like the metal is shaving off and peeling back on the top of the barrell as its pushing through the trunnion.  This shaving is stopping the barrell from pushing all the way out.  What can I do to get it out without destroying anything?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess would be it galled. try warming up the trunnion a couple hundred degrees but not enough to change the color ,then try to press it out. good luck R1150R
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent had this problem, but can you position the barrel so that you can dremel the burr through the pin hole?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Ozzy, I actually did this before reading your advise and it worked.  Barrell is now out and DCI receiver should be arriving on monday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
KEWL  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top