Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/7/2005 4:35:44 AM EDT
At least to me i've never seen another like it. Anyhow it came with a PLO captured East German kit I bought. I've been told its E.G. made for export to Eygpt. Anyone else have one of these?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Early East German,and yes,Egypt bought alot of them.I have'nt found one yet,but I'm still looking!

BTW,Good Score!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Joeken has a new sidefolder using this stock, I want the stock really bad for my Maadi,
I am trying to get him to sell me one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice !
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw a lot of them in use in Egypt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Early East German,and yes,Egypt bought alot of them.I have'nt found one yet,but I'm still looking!

BTW,Good Score!

Found ya one www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=155067
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW,Good Score!

IMHO, he is smoking crack but will probably get it. While rare, they are not unobtanium and pop up from time to time for alot less. Just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That is the folding stock from the standard issue East German MPi-KMS72 rifle. This type folding stock was not made especially for Egypt but they were imported by them to use on Maadi rifles they made. While rare there were a few brand new ones imported when the EG stock kits were first imported in the mid 1990's.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW,Good Score!

Ouch!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I think they are / were actually made by the Egyptians..

Not only did they not upgrade / change designs, but they are still selling rifles with these... If they had just been supplied by the E.Germans, they would have changed types when the E.Germans did....E.Germans would not have continued production just for them.

They have actually started to sell Egyptian made AKs with the side folder on the German market for pretty cheap....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I tell you what, I wish I could have brought back pictures of the Maadis actually in use.  I think my favorite was the ARM holster they had mounted on camel saddles!  You'd see all kinds of weird shit though; AKs with no form of stock, or a broken off stub of a stock, you name it.  They don't like having pictures taken though...
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top