Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 6:55:04 PM EDT
im sorry i ask a million questions, and that they all seem the same, my mak 90 came with a choate tool synt. stock, i dont like it, id like a wood stock, i bought a romainian set up with the pistol grip up front and what not, but its a tight fit and im sanding it into place, it came with no butt plate, no sling clip(anyone know where i can find these on line?) and is beat up--you cant even see the grooves in the front handguards anymore - so im not to0 happy with it, my question is, where can i find a nice ( inexpensive) wood set that wont need much fitting and is in good shape and stain? KVAR seems the best?, and also, when you guys are putting these us synt. side folding stocks on stamped mak 90's where are you getting them and which ones fit? or are these filed down into place also? im just curious cause i dont want to waste my money-is the best bet for wood for a real fit on the mak 90 ironwood? id like a nice wood set up and a side folder too... i dont want to do much fitting(if any) sorry for the repeat questions
thanks for replys
I WANT A NICE 10 or 20 / 30 RD MAG TOO, i HEAR MIXED THINGS ABOUT WHICH ONES FIT THE MAK 90...LET ME KNOW....sorry for the caps
hinking.gifhinking.gifhinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want nice wood, Ironwood is the way to go.

They have sets for slant-cut stamped receivers (as shown in pic), or stright cut ("normal") stamped as well.  You will have to fine sand / fit / finish the set yourself, though.

As far as folders go, most average folders will work fine, but will require fitting because a Chinese stamped rifle uses a thicker receiver.  Usually you just have to shave a little here and there off the stock to get it to fit well.

Mags - go with Chinese flatback mags, they are the incumbant for the rifle.  Other east bloc mags work too, just perfect fit will not always be there, and then once again a litlle shaving here and there.

Hope that helps.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top