Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
I have a wasr -10, with a slant cut on the barrel. went take it off it was really stuck on there, had to cut it off, went to put the new flash hider and it was crooked, the threads on the barrel where cross threaded,any thing any knows which can fix it beside calling century.....thank you
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this left handed thread?

John W in SC
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Might want to rent one of the threading kits in the EE
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The thread is 14mm X 1mm left hand thread on AK-47's. You can use a thread restorer tool or a small triangle file (jewelers file) to repair the threads. The best way to repair the threads is to use  an actual die if you have access to one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
the rifle has all the evil features,when the slant cut was taken offthe threads look wrong we did chas the threads a no luck,we went to put on ak74 which is threaded for 14x1 and when the flash hider in down all the way to the sight post the flash hider ispulling to th right.a very on safe sight .The shop I got the rifle from has told me to bring it back and they will call century or they will replace the rifle.  thank you
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#6]
What?!

Oh... I was looking at the title and my mind just kinda... switched the N from one word to the other.  

Sorry, carry on.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top