Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/2/2003 5:35:33 PM EST
I have a preban AK with a slanted break. I tried to replace the break with another type of compensator, but it doesn't want to unscrew. I push the detent button in and try to unscrew it counter cw. Since it won't come off with hand pressure, should I use a barrel wrench? Being preban, this thing wouldn't be soldered on, would it? Thanks much!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:55:20 PM EST
What kind of AK is it? Are you sure it's pre-ban?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:09:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 7:13:23 PM EST by Prebandanna]
It is a RAI, ser # 8701xxx. I purchased it from a policeman and he provided me with a letter from the company. It has the Royal Arms International stamp and was imported on Nov 6, 1987 from China Jing,Import& Export. It was sold the same year to Christopher Leland Co. and then to B& B Group of North Hollywood, CA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:11:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:43:24 PM EST
Exactly right. Facing the muzzle, turn the brake to the right (clockwise).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:34:08 PM EST
thanks guys, I'll give that a try.
Top Top