Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2009 2:07:34 PM EDT
I was talking to a friend of mine today and we both have ars, and are clueless to aks or their variants. He had been talking to a friend of his who told him about modifying either the sks to use ak clips or the other way around. He could not remember which way it was told to him. Can someone clear this matter up for me? What are the advantages or diadvantages to this mod?
Also I am thinking about buying an Norinco SKS with syn stock I have not looked at this rifle but trust the judgement of the person that owns it. It is NIB. What is it's worth and what should I be looking for before I buy.   TIA
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
OK I have done some reading and I think I can answer some of the questions I have. This SKS is a built or modified to take the AK Mags. It is Chinese made. Now I need to find out if it is made like this or modified. What do I look for? I am going to look at this rifle in the next few days please help. Another question were these made full auto or semi auto from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
SKS-M or SKS-D model.  They are made that way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they full auto when thy come from the factory and then modified to semi.
How can you tell the difference between M and D
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Semi.  

http://www.ak-47.us/SKS-M.php
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I have one other question, can and do they ever get converted to full auto.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Not legally.

The words "converted" and "full-auto" should not be in the same sentance together unless the topic is post-dealer samples.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand . I was just curios if they are and if they work well full auto.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top