Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 4:04:46 PM EDT
Like everyone I am interested in all of the aspects of the Ak. I have been learning all about different kinds of akm's. My question is, Does the full auto sear spring replace the function of the shepards hook? Just curious, I am sure everyone is about the function of full aouto aK's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:25:01 PM EDT
Yes.. The shepards hook is a semi auto only AK invention..
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:59:19 PM EDT
So, if you were to assemble a full auto fire control group, the trigger & disconector goes in first, the hammer next, and sear and sear spring go in the reciever last? That is if there was third hole for sear pin witch is highly illegal. If you have a registered sear for an akm can you put it in any ak. Or does the gun have to be registered as full auto with BATF. Wondering because I might move to Virgina and try to pursue a class 3 weapon(registerd with BATF). In Michigan you cant have class 3.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:10:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spartan28:
So, if you were to assemble a full auto fire control group, the trigger & disconector goes in first, the hammer next, and sear and sear spring go in the reciever last? That is if there was third hole for sear pin witch is highly illegal. If you have a registered sear for an akm can you put it in any ak. Or does the gun have to be registered as full auto with BATF. Wondering because I might move to Virgina and try to pursue a class 3 weapon(registerd with BATF). In Michigan you cant have class 3.

Sears are not controlled parts, you can buy and sell as many as you want. Drill the hole and you'll get 10 years if caught. The receiver has to be registered.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 6:02:51 PM EDT by 1Gunner]
good luck finding a transferable FA AK...prices are outrageous...you can't make one unless you are class II/SOT with police demo letter
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:25:56 PM EDT
I know the prices. I would never break the law and build full auto illegaly. I was just curious what order fire control set goes in with full auto. have any of you guys ever shot or assembled a full auto ak,s?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:37:09 PM EDT
there's a full motion AutoCAD drawing cut away floating around, I didn't save it
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT by Kevin_M4]
It's over at Gunco, you may have to register to see it.
www.gunco.net/forums/downloads/ak_anim.gif
Top Top