Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2010 2:33:10 PM EDT
I used to have a pair of the old Israeli rifle grenades I used to launch with blanks from my SKS, back before i sold it, but after I sold the SKS, I had these two rifle grenades laying around thinking I'll never use these again, so I sold them

Now that I have a M70 underfolder now with that handy little grenade launcher attachment, I want to find another pair to play with  I guess though they have gotten even more rarer than hens teeth since the last two I had.  I have searched Google till I'm blue, and while I have found a few on gun broker and the like, they want big$$$$ for them.  I ran across these while searching and look like they may do ok, they just don't look as tough as the Israeli ones i used to have.....

Anyone have any hints as to where I may find them?? I don't have a flea-bay account, so that's out... what do you dummy grenade guys use??
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw some at the Nation's Gunshow back in June. One of the dealer against the far Right Wall near the concessions area had a whole table of them. I don't know if they were blanks or not I just walked by and said to myself, 'Huh Rifle grenades.'
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw some at the Nation's Gunshow back in June. One of the dealer against the far Right Wall near the concessions area had a whole table of them. I don't know if they were blanks or not I just walked by and said to myself, 'Huh Rifle grenades.'

heh, just wish i could stumble on to some at a show, but no chance with no better shows than we have...
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a guy by the name of Drugo selling Yugo practice grenades on the AK Forum.  If you are a member of the AK Forum I can post the link, links to that forum only work for registered members.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is a guy by the name of Drugo selling Yugo practice grenades on the AK Forum.  If you are a member of the AK Forum I can post the link, links to that forum only work for registered members.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4392/11814980mf9.jpg

Damn I hang out on the wrong forums
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4392/11814980mf9.jpg

Damn I hang out on the wrong forums

Excellent forum and well worth joining.  Here is the link if you ever join up:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37419

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Well that's dumb, there are plenty who would love some practice grenades and they should be readily available!  Anyone have a decent lead on some that don't require yet another forum registration (I can't keep track of all those I have right now) would most likely get plenty of business!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I can see how firing blank grenades could be fun, but according to Zastava they switched to an underbarrel grenade launcher for the M70 because grenade launching from the muzzel widens the barrel thus making the gun worthless.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well that's dumb, there are plenty who would love some practice grenades and they should be readily available! Anyone have a decent lead on some that don't require yet another forum registration (I can't keep track of all those I have right now) would most likely get plenty of business!

The guy did get plenty of business from that link, just not from you.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well that's dumb, there are plenty who would love some practice grenades and they should be readily available! Anyone have a decent lead on some that don't require yet another forum registration (I can't keep track of all those I have right now) would most likely get plenty of business!

The guy did get plenty of business from that link, just not from you.

I couldn't register over there if I wanted to, they require a non-anonymous e-mail ie no yahoo, gmail ect.  like arf does.  In the 4 years since I joined arf though I dropped that ISP, and went to cable and have no isp e-mail so.... registering for new stuff that need that info is a no go.

The search continues
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can see how firing blank grenades could be fun, but according to Zastava they switched to an underbarrel grenade launcher for the M70 because grenade launching from the muzzel widens the barrel thus making the gun worthless.

Maybe using alot of the grenade blanks, but I don't think regular 7.62x39 blanks would do it
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh, just wish i could stumble on to some at a show, but no chance with no better shows than we have...

The Nation's Gunshow is in Chantilly, Virginia just south and west of Washington, D.C. I live near Lynchburg, VA. It's actually only about 3 Hours from here. There should be another one in January. I mentioned it because your Location is WV (West Virginia I guessed)

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Nation's Gunshow is in Chantilly, Virginia just south and west of Washington, D.C. I live near Lynchburg, VA. It's actually only about 3 Hours from here. There should be another one in January. I mentioned it because your Location is WV (West Virginia I guessed)

Yeah, I understand.  Only thing is Chantilly is 3hrs and over the Allegheny mtns. from me.  You don't ever plan to make a trip over those mtns between Dec-May
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top