Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:29:42 PM EDT
Im looking for a red dot for my tanker.  It does not have a side rail and the sights suck with no cheek weld  Whats an inexpensive mount /sight option?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The least expensive solution would be one of those rear sight rails. Ultimak is obviously a good option as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you know where to get one?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im looking for a red dot for my tanker.  It does not have a side rail and the sights suck with no cheek weld  Whats an inexpensive mount /sight option?
View Quote

Amd-tech has the cheek weld attachment, best upgrade you can do on one of these.

If u want a micro dot, go ultimak which you can purchase directly from ultimak.

The other good option would be a tws dog leg which replaces the dust cover and might give you more options for optics if you decide to go a scope ever.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't want the cheek weld with the amd..  I was looking for something that will not remove the rear sight.  Is there a mount where you can cowitness the sights with the red dot?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't want the cheek weld with the amd..  I was looking for something that will not remove the rear sight.  Is there a mount where you can cowitness the sights with the red dot?
View Quote

Ultimak
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I didn't want to spend that much but it looks like you get what you pay for.  Amy recommendations on a inexpensive red dot for it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Primary arms or vortex would be my suggestion
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
TRS-25 is pretty good too.  The trs25 and primary arms micro dots are about as low price as you can get while still being reliable and proven to take the heat the ultimak produces.  I ran a ultimak trs-25 on a amd65 and that thing got so hot you couldn't touch it after two 75rd drum dumps and never skipped a beat.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Bushnell TRS-25.  It's a tuff little bastard that can really take the heat of an Ultimak, really easy on the wallet also.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you all!  Ultimak and bushnell it is.  I have wanted a PA microdot for ever but there always sold out.  How about the PA reflex sight?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#11]
The dots 5 moa on those and I believe they aren't as shock proof. Don't know if they cowitness either, I'd stick with the Bushnell over it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you all!  Ultimak and bushnell it is.  I have wanted a PA microdot for ever but there always sold out.  How about the PA reflex sight?
View Quote

I have a PA reflex on a shotgun. Large dot, as stated above, very small FoV, not very shockproof. Shock from recoil probably won't be an issue on an AK, but that makes me question how well it'll stand up to heat and I highly doubt it's weatherproof. Adjustment also leaves a lot to be desired.

Get the TRS-25 or check alternate sources for a PA micro. If PA is out try looking on Amazon or, if you don't mind a used one, check out the EE.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]
edited. OP I believe ultimak currently has them in stock. link
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top