Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 11:07:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 11:10:51 AM EST by DocBrooks]
So I picked up my first AK yesterday (Romanian). I really didn't know anything about AKs but I wanted one at the store. Anyway, I took it shooting today. During the first 40 round mag I had 2 FTFeeds and one stove pipe. After that it ran great the entire time. No complaints there. I do find it hard to focus with the sites. They always seem blurry or obscure the target. Never had trouble like that on other rifles. Anyway, I still love the thing. I noticed a circular opening in the buttstock that has a spring loaded door. What is that for anyway? I found a lil cleaning kit in the bottom of the box that looks like it could fit in there bit I'm afraid of getting stuck. Is that what its for?

PS: are these things always so damn greasy at first? In the beginning grease would spurt/ooze out of certain joints when firing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:53:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 11:58:28 AM EST by Jicky]
Welcome..The grease is cosmoline no problem there....Thats were the cleaning kit goes just push it down thru the door in stock..And it just needed to get the kinks out of it it will run like a champ now...

edit to add: What kind of Romy did you get??? There will probably be stuff uzzing out for a while they are covered in cosmo to provent rust..I put my kit in with the cap part towards the butt of the rifle..Takes a few rounds to kinda loosen her up...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:25:08 PM EST
it says WASR-10 on the side.... is that what kind it is?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:36:02 PM EST
Yes Sir...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:44:57 PM EST
Take a look around here.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:35:17 PM EST
oh yea, another question. on the opposite side of the safety selector there is a strangely shaped piece of metal bolted on. its roughly the same size as the safety selector but doesn't do anything. it sticks out a bit and has two things that kinda look like hooks. What the hell is that?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:51:35 PM EST
Side rail scope mount.
Top Top