Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 10/10/2004 12:41:32 PM EST
I just recently sighted in my 6X32 scope on my sks with a scope mount that goes over the receiver plate, the mount is not part of it. They rated this mount as one of the best. After sighting it in, it manages maybe between 1 and 2" groupings at 100 yards, pretty good, but I noticed about every 4th shot would be 5 inches off in different directions. This could be me, but could it be the ammo? I've only used the russian made blue box "Monarch" 7.62x39 from academy, 3 dollars a box of 20. Never used anything else. So does anyone use this ammo and know if it really makes a difference with an sks? thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:19:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2004 6:20:06 PM EST by Hoppy]
I get better groups with FMJ Wolf through my Yugo than with other types and brands of ammo. The guy shooting the same make of SKS right next to me may find his likes Barnul soft point.

I'd try some different ammo as well as some handloads if I were looking for the best for my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:05:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoppy:
I get better groups with FMJ Wolf through my Yugo than with other types and brands of ammo. The guy shooting the same make of SKS right next to me may find his likes Barnul soft point.

I'd try some different ammo as well as some handloads if I were looking for the best for my rifle.

+1
I shoot good with Wolf , my friend shoots good with Barnul
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top