Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:05:50 PM EDT
I was looking to building an Ak using a parts kit and a 100% reciever using the u drive method. I know a lil bit about guns building AR's and doing trigger jobs and stuff. I was just wondering what does a typical build cost, assuming i already have a hammer and drill, and less finish. I wanted to start saving up money and buying a few parts but wanted to know how much the project will end up being.

any advice appreciated. thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you are planning on using the tools that you currectly have,  figure a Romy AK kit around $99 plus shipping, compliance parts to run around $50 for trigger group, pistol grip and slant break, a receiver for around $50 and a couple other misc items.  My romys cost around $235 to build and my Yugos around $230 each.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, if you are planning on using the tools that you currectly have,  figure a Romy AK kit around $99 plus shipping, compliance parts to run around $50 for trigger group, pistol grip and slant break, a receiver for around $50 and a couple other misc items.  My romys cost around $235 to build and my Yugos around $230 each.

does that factor in shipping for parts and FFL fee for the reciever? sounds like a new project for me!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does that factor in shipping for parts and FFL fee for the reciever? sounds like a new project for me!

If you don't have an FFL and require a transfer, then you can add between $25 and $45 for a transfer.  Some folks shop around to determine who does transfers for less, so you may want to look into this.  I've got a Type 01 FFL and do my own transfers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Romy g kit $99
Bolt cutters $17 (modifying?, your time is free right?)
Tapco G2 trigger group $35
OOW receiver $70, FFL fee $25
Tapco rivet set $7
U drive set (killerone) $9
Air brush $5
Moly paint and Jasco primer(receiver) $35
Chemical stripper and polyurethane(furniture) $30
Pistol grip (USA) $15
Muzzle comp (USA) $15
Rivet jig (made it, time is free right?)
Shipping for these various goodies, a gentleman never tells, so don't ask.

I fully expect to bring this project in below $2000 plus or minus a benjamin or two. Just kidding, but the startup does have a lot of hidden cost not to mention time involved. Best of luck.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top