Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:15:06 PM EDT
Hey guys,
anyone got info on a reasonable price for Springfield SAR-8 (HK type) .308?  has fixed and collapsible stock.  guy says going to pawn today if no sell.  he's asking $800 for gun, stock, 10 20  round mags.  

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If its a Greek Sar8, its a good deal, as long as the barrel is threaded.  Ive seen some that had the threaded end cut off.  If its one of the funky looking recievers that has the scope mount built in, Id pass.  A HK collapsible stock usually sells for about $200.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If its a Greek Sar8, its a good deal, as long as the barrel is threaded.  Ive seen some that had the threaded end cut off.  If its one of the funky looking recievers that has the scope mount built in, Id pass.  A HK collapsible stock usually sells for about $200.  

Greek SAR8's are the closest you can get to having the HK, since the parts were manufactured with HK equipment in Greece.  The "other" SAR8 is a PIECE OF SHIT.  You can clearly tell the difference between the two by looking at the side to see if it says Made in Greece (Hellas) or not.  They are really two different types of guns altogether.  The Greek SAR8 normally goes for around 1500 dollars, so 800 dollars is a good deal.  They should "give" the other SAR8 (with the Hesse Reciever) away for free.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info.  it is a greek made SAR-8.  it shots and functions great! got lots of goodies to go along with it also.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The "other" SAR8 is a PIECE OF SHIT.  They should "give" the other SAR8 (with the Hesse Reciever) away for free.

You must be referring to this one:
SAR-8 (non-Greece manufacture)

I bought one a few years ago and enjoyed it while I had it. It never gave me any problems.
However, I traded it to 9supercomp. He shot it only a few times and the thing went into major mechanical failure. Springfield told him it was because of the ammo he was feeding it. Between that and the lousy CS they have given him over the whole thing I'd hesitate to even conisder buying anything from Springfield.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top