Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 3:10:35 PM EDT
i was at my dealers house today, he has a preban ak47 he has had since mid eighties it has no other marking exept the serial number witch is up in the back of the reciever near the top cover it has the threaded barrel and the bannet lug with the bannet. he is honest guy im just woneding if you fellows ever heard of this         Aren
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
No importer ot manufacturer's marks?  I'm not sure how that is legally possible.  Wondering if somebody made their own receiver and assembled this.  I'm not that knowledgeable about AKs, but I do know its pretty damned hard to import a gun without the correct markings.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant give you any specifics but I have heard of early AK's every once in a while. All legal just early guns.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
What is unusuall is that the serial number is not on the trunnion. Early AK's often have completely unmarked stamped receivers, but the serial number will be on the trunnion. The importers stamp will often be located on the barrel. Sometimes that stamp is so weak it is near impossible to see or make out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
it could be on the barrel, it was a very nice ak and i really dont like aks(atleast the ones ive seen and owned, no offence) all parts seemed clean and the barrel was ribbed. i just saw no markings exept s/n ps what are prebees going for in 97 persent
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a maadi with a very,very low serial no like 000XX and it had all parts even crumb cover stamped!

I wonder when it came in,I like it but hate the etched words Made by Maadi made in egypt and below that C.I.A. St.Alb.Vt!

I know that Century Arms Inc didn't make it ,but hate to see thier name on anything I buy!

Still I wounder if someone didn't make the posters rifle,and it would be perfectly legal to do so,but would make it very hard to establish a value!

Bob  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top