Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 8:28:30 PM EDT
How can you tell the difference one the date differn't ak's were made? I was wanting to get a pre-94 AK with a few extra evil features without paying the big bucks for a per-89 AK.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The AK's between 1989 and 1994 have less evil features than the current crop of post-ban weapons. (no pistol grips were allowed)
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
really,that kind of sucks. I want something I can put on flash supressor and eventualy a can, but a pistol grip is a must
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need a pre-89 for the flash hider idea.

But the pistol grip part can be achieved with the current Romanian series of AK's the SAR. Or you can buy a regular post-ban thumbhole stock AK and get a new trigger group and furniture and remain legal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:  

and eventualy a can,

Not worth the bucks IMO. WTF good is a silenced AK?? No subsonic ammo available.

No NOISE, no FUN...

IMHO.

edit, this almost sounds like a BB( brady bunch) troll. flash hider and silencer... (you go girl, one of these days there might be a hundred mom march!)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
set-lab, make sure you don't have state or local laws forbidding.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
BATFE considers a silencer as a suppressor.  SSK industries makes subsonic 7.62x39 ammo.  My source is the Small Arms Review.  Good reading and informative.  An AOW ak w/ out a stock can have a threaded muzzle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top