Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:09:03 PM EDT
just purchased a very nice milled buttstock from laukart and now I need some help because it doesnt fit.  The square part at the front of the buttstock is bigger than the slot on the receiver and will not go in.  Anyone familiar on how to adjust properly?  If I succeed in getting it to fit my next step is to make screw holes because their are none, anyone have suggestions on the proper way to do this also?  hep me!

Heres a picture

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
well I guess tomorrow Ill staple some heavy duty sandpaper to a block of wood and just rub all 4 sides and try to shrink the square.  Cant really think of anything else, I dont have any machinery to do it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
almost done, still have some fine tuning to do.  The block of wood/sand paper idea wasnt good enough.  My Dad found a really old sanding unit for me to use, worked pretty good although it shook the hell out of my hand (still numb).

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
use a box knife
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
use a box knife

I dont need to cut anymore, just have to dremel the bottom loop on the stock a lil bit higher, its not long enough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
all done yipee

couple coats of linseed oil

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top